MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

Article about: by BenVK Something here about the validity of Willy Sprengpfeil license? There are two entries: in the first instance, a wholesaler of caps, cap parts, and cap badges in Iserlohn (Westfalen/

Default Re: schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

I have not systematically gone through the whole pile of these things I have now at hand, though other members here have done so. thanks to my colleagues for the kind aid and great skill with language.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit
    P
    Many

HLP,
    It is just a misprint. 863 is in the price list section for sleeve insignia and does refer to the sleeve diamond.
    d'alquen

Thanks, colleague d'Alquen is most at home in these sources.

Awww... Just when I thought we had discovered something unknown!

Still, many thanks to d'Alquen for the speedy clarification.

(Of course, this also serves as a useful reminder that even period material can contain errors and misleading information and that one should keep in mind that the personnel running the Nazi administrative machinery made mistakes just like anybody else...)

"The real kicker would be to find the Beschaffungsamt SS files in the RFSS files, that is, the administrative process that led to these pronouncements."

The process for approval and implementation is indeed interesting. It is extraordinary how many drafts, levels and individuals were involved. But, that's bureaucracy whenever or wherever it emerges.
    As a sleeve diamond was mentioned here are a couple of examples from well over a dozen documents that relate to a simple sleeve badge for the Reichskreigerbund diamond.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit  

Second
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit  

Third

Thank you, dear colleague, very pleasing documents. Are the regalia and uniform portions of the RFSS files all in one place, or are they scattered around?
    Thanks for helping us indeed.

They do tend to be all over the place but one SS-Hauptamt folder does have a lot of material.
    The National Archives has the folder listed as: EAP 161-C-01/36 FT 2684645. If I can give you more information on the file don't hesitate to ask
    Perhaps the BA is more convenient for you but I don't have a finding aid for them unfortunately.
    d'alquen

Thank you. You are very helpful. In looking at the Mitteilungsblaetter there is a ton of stuff I have never seen before in the SS sections in the years 1934 and 1935 in various picayune, little things which rivet my interest. Thanks for the hint with the NARA RFFSS files. One day I will have the time, though, now with the combination of the UM in digital form and the Mitteilungsblaetter in easier reach, the whole thing is coming into clearer focus. I am never in Germany long enough to get into the archives anymore, because I have too much else to do. One day, however, I hope that will change. In the meantime, you should really publish your work, as I am sure it would find an eager readership. Thanks again for the kind aid.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast