Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.

Article about: Latest acquisition courtesy of Bill Shea

Default schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.

Latest acquisition courtesy of Bill Shea

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.

Images courtesy of Shea. Thanks to Bill Shea.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-04-2014 at 01:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.
    P
    Many

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.This cap was in a British collection early in the last decade; it then went to the Robert Wilson collection (the late noted collector who made the book); then Shea bought it; then I bought it.
    I was told long ago by a here-not-unknown-person (nameless) that this cap was a fake. An obvious attempt by such a personage to throw me off the scent. Did not work.
    Some fake.
    It is yet another example of the superior manufacture of early SS caps, by this A2 artisan cap maker in Mannheim. Elsewhere there are images of an early HJ cap by this same maker
    which I will include at some point if I can reconstruct it.

This is an exceptionally well made cap. Whether it was the property of an infamous E. Zill, who in 1934 served as an officer in the KL Lichtenburg (not any where near Mannheim), I rather doubt.
    What I do not doubt is the thing's origin in the 1933-1934 era, since I now own several of these caps and can compare them with some care.
    It is identical, more or less, to an officer's cap in quality, without the velvet band.
    It has a wonderful patina which the pictures do not show. I am used to the smell and feel of eighty year old wool, and this has such touch and smell.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-04-2014 at 02:59 AM.

MAP
    ?

Smashing!!! It has such a beautiful form. I can't take my eyes off of it.....

One day I hope to be lucky enough to find one to purchase........

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Smashing!!! It has such a beautiful form. I can't take my eyes off of it.....

One day I hope to be lucky enough to find one to purchase........

Regards,

Michael
    Dear Sir, thanks. It is a beautifully made cap, better than the others. The pre 1935/6 caps are generally better made, and this one was from a small firm, as you can see, which, actually was a regional
    firm with multiple shops. It is, most important, from the US zone, which is why it likely survived.
    If you are patient, I will de accession all of this in a while--though I cannot imagine how-- and you can then take good care of it.
    In the meantime, I share the images with you for your pleasure.

sincere best wishes, FB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-04-2014 at 01:08 AM.

?

Thank you F-B for sharing your new cap. It is very nice and I hope it brings you much happiness.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you F-B for sharing your new cap. It is very nice and I hope it brings you much happiness.
    Dear Sir, the real pleasure is to share with other like minded, intelligent persons this material relevant to our collective interest. We do so at a time when the importance of these remnants of the past is only growing. This year 2014 shows that so much of this is only more pressing and significant.
    my thanks to you, FB

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I was told long ago by a not unknown here person (nameless) that this cap was a fake. An obvious attempt by such a personage to throw me off the scent. Did not work.
    Some fake.
    Scammers and thieves come in all sizes and shapes..worst of all, those who are amongst our own ranks. Professional movie critics are the same. Judge for oneself..through study.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Sir, thanks. It is a beautifully made cap, better than the others. The pre 1935/6 caps are generally better made, and this one was from a small firm, as you can see, which, actually was a regional
    firm with multiple shops. It is, most important, from the US zone, which is why it likely survived.
    If you are patient, I will de accession all of this in a while--though I cannot imagine how-- and you can then take good care of it.
    In the meantime, I share the images with you for your pleasure.

sincere best wishes, FB
    Well all your posts are more than enough for me to enjoy!!! But put my name on one of these beauties for future reference and I will raid my wifes share of our retirement fund!

As said before, I love your posts and the knowledge you dispense with such pleasure and grace!

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.Zur Fa. Zeumer

639: Familie Zeumer ist Urkunden zu folge in Thüringen schon als Hutmacher bekannt

1786: Johann Heinrich Zeumer macht sich in Thüringen als Kürschner und Hutmacher selbstständig

1886: Urenkel Louis Richard Zeumer kommt nach Mannheim und eröffnet in E 1, 12 (Adresse) das Pelzgeschäft Zeumer

1888: Das Pelzgeschäft in E 1 wird geschlossen, eine neue Geschäftsstelle in H 1, 3 (Adresse) wird eröffnet

1895: Die Geschäftsstelle in H 1, 3 wird geschlossen, gleich daneben in H 1, 6 (Adresse) wird das neue Geschäft eröffnet

1927: Zeumer übernimmt auch Hüte mit ins Sortiment

1943: Im Bombenhagel des 2. Weltkrieges werden die Geschäftsräume komplett zerstört à Neuaufbau in H 1,6 (Adresse)

1986: Pelzmoden Zeumer feiert 200 jähriges Bestehen und 100 jähriges Geschäftsjubiläum in Mannheim

1989: Schirme erweitern das Sortiment von Zeumer

03.12.1991: Pelzmoden Zeumer schließt seine Niederlassung in Mannheim

Ob das Sortiment, das Zeumer geführt hat, auch weiche Filzhüte umfasst hat, habe ich in den Unterlagen leider nicht finden können.

Google Translation

1639: Family Zeumer documents is to follow in Thuringia already known as a hatter

1786: Johann Heinrich Zeumer makes in Thuringia independently as furriers and milliners

1886: Richard's great-grandson Louis Zeumer comes to Mannheim and open in E 1, 12 (address), the fur business Zeumer

1888: The fur shop in E 1 is closed, a new office in H 1, 3 (address) will be opened

1895: The office in H 1, 3 is closed, right next to H 1, 6 (address) is the new business opens

1927: Hats Zeumer also takes into line with

1943: The bombing of the 2nd World War destroyed the premises totally rebuilt in H à 1,6 (address)

1986: Fur fashions Zeumer celebrates 200 year anniversary and 100th anniversary of business in Mannheim

1989: expand the range of umbrellas Zeumer

03/12/1991: Fur fashions Zeumer closes its office in Mannheim

Our very own Wim Saris has this to say about the Fa. Zeumer in the III. Reich.

".....L.R. Zeumer from Mannheim had he RZM-permission A2/294. It was a cap manufacturer, who made much caps by
    handwork. They were noted in the RZM handbook and must have had its permission to manufacturer for the NSDAP-
    organization at least in 1934. Since July 18, 1936 the concern was owned by Arthur Zeumer. As far as known their
    permission lasted at least until the end of 1944...." Source: H.J. Forum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast