Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.

Article about: I must say FB, I rarely comment on your posts for my senses are overwhelmed with amazement. Your collection is one that seems to cross beyond the obvious into the surreal!

Default schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.

Thanks to my generous and able colleagues, I could secure a piece from the famous Pepera collection. schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.

It is a black SS peaked cap circa 1934 or so, which is already well known.

It's owner had the initials "HF"
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-02-2014 at 09:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.
    P
    Many

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Here is how the cap appeared in Pepera's collection and as photographed by the Hermann Historica people.

This cap has no RZM tag, but it does have a 360 degree cork insert around its circumference under the sweat band to keep its shape. It is a size 59 or 60 cms. cap, so it is quite large. I have not seen such a cork
    structure in a cap, and this in fifty odd years of looking.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-03-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Congrats F-B!

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Congrats F-B!
    Thanks. This cap is also illustrated in Vol. IV work by our Wim Saris.

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Head dress.....

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.I suppose that others could collect shoes and gloves, now that I think of it.

- - ------- - -

and others do collect old Levis, which cost much more than do black SS peaked caps.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-03-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Congrats Friedtich I know the feeling when a trophy is won after a long hunt. The tailoring of the cap itself does not appear to be what is commonly seen with this time period. Could this be a cottage maker ? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.
    Quote by Larry C View Post
    Congrats Friedtich I know the feeling when a trophy is won after a long hunt. The tailoring of the cap itself does not appear to be what is commonly seen with this time period. Could this be a cottage maker ? Regards Larry
    Thanks. In fact, the cap is more or less identical to the others I have of this epoch. My photo is not good, but I can show you others via comparison.
    My guess is that the cork Einlage was added later by an artisan and the RZM tag vanished in the process.

This cap is similar to this one (right), which is a Breiter of Munich.

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.The early species of cap has the four "grommets," two on each side.
    The act of typing "grommet" causes me to become dizzy, that I will tell you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast