Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

schwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchen

Article about: as noted.

schwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchenschwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchenschwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchenschwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchenschwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, MuenchenBravo. Glad this nice item found its home with you and your growing army of black figures.

You are ample proof that the ownership of a single Exemplar of this type leads to the itch to own a second, and a third, and a fourth, and.

Congratulations.

All serious persons here should also thank our Dr. CMH for the fine, clear images suitable for framing and suitable for the study of insignia, which
    otherwise generates so much effort.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-07-2015 at 05:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze Uniform, Allgem. Sta. 1, Muenchen
    P
    Many

?

Thank you, "FB". The collecting of these arcane bits of the past can be quite habit forming. The fact that I have authentic pieces in my collection is a direct result of the efforts of knowledgeable collectors and historians that frequent this forum and are willing to pass along what they have learned. My thanks to you, "FB", for all of your guidance and knowledge. Thanks to Andreas (HPL2008) for helping us all make sense of the primary sources, to Wim. Saris and d'alquen for searching out relevant documents from their vast collection of these primary sources and aiding us all to propel our understanding forwards. We are all fortunate to have Bob Coleman and Dave Delich post their material to see what so few have had a chance to see, and we also are lucky to have people like jHAM who are so adept at finding things of interest to bring up for discussion. My thanks to Adrian for providing a site where the exchange of information can be done in a scholarly and cordial way.

Best Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    The fact that I have authentic pieces in my collection is a direct result of the efforts of knowledgeable collectors and historians that frequent this forum and are willing to pass along what they have learned. My thanks to you, "FB", for all of your guidance and knowledge. Thanks to Andreas (HPL2008) for helping us all make sense of the primary sources, to Wim. Saris and d'alquen for searching out relevant documents from their vast collection of these primary sources and aiding us all to propel our understanding forwards. We are all fortunate to have Bob Coleman and Dave Delich post their material to see what so few have had a chance to see, and we also are lucky to have people like jHAM who are so adept at finding things of interest to bring up for discussion. My thanks to Adrian for providing a site where the exchange of information can be done in a scholarly and cordial way.
    I wholeheartedly associate myself with the thanks to the other gentlemen mentioned above.

As for myself, I feel quite honored to be considered worthy of being mentioned in such company.

Glad I can offer the odd hopefully worthwhile contribution here, as I am neither a highly advanced collector, nor a professional historian nor a published author, whereas each and every one of them can claim at least one of those titles.

(By the way, speaking of München/Munich: This was where FB and I first met in person.)

Thanks to all the above for their collegial work to the betterment of the beginning collector and the furthering of knowledge.

The alternative is generally visible with the wide scale attempt by a clique to scare off the beginning collector; to foster obscurantism, and, otherwise, to assure that this small group gains access to the desired
    objects. I do not see this approach as sensible, to say nothing of its moral and ethical wretchedness.

The older generation taught me without stint, even if they could also be difficult at times.

I am happy that young people collect these things and wish them much joy and satisfaction in their collecting.

?

Thank you very much DrCMH. It is clear from the photos of your collection you have a refined taste and very nice collection. I am truly honored to be mentioned with the likes of F-B, HPL2008, B. Coleman, d'alquen, Wim Saris, D. Delich and Adrian S.. It is I who is truly out-classed in that company. It was only through their guidance and generosity that my own interest and knowledge has matured and grown. I have been very busy with work lately and not able to contribute as much as I would like. However I check in, read and follow daily without fail. I wish all of the above mentioned people good health, good tidings and thanks. They are the heavy-hitters of this site. Eagles All!

Munich and the night time display and tradition of the SS.
    Last edited by jHAM; 03-08-2015 at 06:15 AM.

?

Quote by jHAM View Post

Munich and the night time display and tradition of the SS.
    All heaped upon the junk pile or scattered across time and nations, only to later be found in our collections...

Thank you for your work on the site and sharing such significant images.

CMH

Bravo to you all. Dr. CMH is doing a superb job of adding to his fine collection.

?

Some fine and very rare pieces shown. My highest compliments.

?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast