Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Article about: This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend. It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high q

In the interest of completeness here is the 1939 NSKK diamond order to add to Wim's post. I also checked the complete list of items issued by the SS-Bekleidungswerk in 1942 which is quite exhaustive and there too it lists the SA diamond but does not include the NSKK diamond. Perhaps the order was rescinded, I shall have to check.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    P
    Many

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraHere are some images of the tunic, which has its own merits, the riddle of the Raute nothwithstanding. Thanks to you all who have cast light on said object. You can see the excellence of the tailoring, especially in the lapels, as well as the SA/SS pebbled nickle silver buttons. You can also see it has some slight wear, but is still in very fine shape. SS tunics of this kind which show no age are suspect to me.

..The reason I bought this tunic is its Motor association, as well as the presence of the old piping, which, itself, was contrary to regulation after a certain date. You can also see the officer quality Trikotage. The tunic itself has no tags, etc. which is especially typical of pre 1936 or so items of this kind, of which I have several. The large white tag and the little bevo tag were so placed as to be worn off or out, if they were placed at all.....

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraHere is the long shirt with the shoulder cord and RZM tag, a first for me, too. It has its large tag intact. Notice the piping.

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraBy way of contrast, here is a Sta. 32 (Heidelberg etc.) uniform of normal, average woolens. The Sta. 32 tunic has a post 1937 collar patch, but the 1934 model Sturmband. It also has a loop for the multi piece shoulder belt. This tunic came from Shea and before that from a collector known to me in Canada. I have an officer's tunic from this Standarte, too. The colored Sturmbaender were or were not phased out in 1937/8.

at some point, I should photograph all of these I do have, but I am not a good photographer. However, the contrast might make clear why I found the uniform interesting, the Rautetrubel notwithstanding. I also find these hum drum pre 1936 Allgemeine SS uniforms very compelling, as they are less likely to be redecorated, as are many SSTV and SSVT uniforms I have had the chance to examine.
    Nor is the item at hand an ex Lenfilm or Mosfilm wonder, which are the most commonly found, albeit completely real save for the redecoration. That is, the hundred or so or more real, stripped black tunics discovered
    by Geo. Petersen in the USSR ca. 1989 or 1990. The Lenfilm tunics I have seen are the later type, post 1936/7, with all the marks.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    In the interest of completeness here is the 1939 NSKK diamond order to add to Wim's post. I also checked the complete list of items issued by the SS-Bekleidungswerk in 1942 which is quite exhaustive and there too it lists the SA diamond but does not include the NSKK diamond. Perhaps the order was rescinded, I shall have to check.
    Thank you for all your help.

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werrafoetid....

As usual FB, great items you're showing.
    d'Alquen thanks for the order about the NSKK diamond.

Ed was a nice guy too me. We had contact for a quite while and we had just agreed
    he would assist me where possible for my planned books. He was doing research
    for me and would make photos from rare headgear from his collection when the
    "disaster" happened. With him the collector's world lost a true man of spirit!

This tunic was a part of the Ed Stadnicki collection. Ed was an old time collector who never sold anything and aquired items either first hand from a vet or from a picker who vet bought it. The driver's badge is a true oddity on this tunic. There will likely never be a clear answer for it's placement on this early tunic. At the time Ed was collecting, dealers were stripping tunics, not adding insignia. A curious feature to this early tunic which will likely never have an answer..
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

With regard to the cufftitle on this tunic it should be noted that the Motor units of the SS were the very earliest to lose the coloured borders on their cuff bands. When they were re-organized in 1936 the units were aligned at the Oberabschnitte level which meant the old coloured borders were redundant. In April 1936 the coloured border was replaced by an aluminium one and the numbers were embroidered in grey for men and aluminium for leaders. This order from May amends that regulation by clarifying that the members of staff would wear a plain cuff title.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra  

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast