Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Article about: This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend. It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high q

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraOne other thought apropos of all of this and Kraftfahrzeuge and the SS.

I had not know until I read the excellent biography of Jochen Peiper the degree to which both Porsche in the FRG of the 1950s and 1960s as well as the magazine "Auto, Motor und Sport" were filled with ex SS men.
    When I was but six years old, my father bought a Porsche 356A and in my youth, I read "Auto, Motor und Sport" with enthusiasm.

Such came as a great revelation to me, but no real surprise.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    P
    Many

My NSKK sleeve diamond with silver piping
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 787665Attachment 787650This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend.

It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high quality.

In the second instance, it is apparently ex the Ed Stadnicki collection, the only black tunic he did own, and thus with a fine provenance.

I own one or two other things from this legendary collection.

Thirdly, it has an SSTV ex NSKK rhombus in the wrong place, but a badge I have never seen before in a right or wrong place.

Fourthly, it lacks the wheel rhombus on the sleeve.

Finally, it came with an SS long shirt with a piped collar and shoulder board as well as RZM tag.

and more so, the tunic collar is piped in the pre late 1934 mode, with the white cotton and black piping, the only one of its kind I have ever owned.

- - ------- - -

Attachment 787476The collar patch

Bravo FB! A very nice accession.

Thirdly, it has an SSTV ex NSKK rhombus in the wrong place, but a badge I have never seen before in a right or wrong place.

Perhaps was added with an eye to a sence of symmerty

riddles in enigmas, to be sure.

This thread and its data shed some light on what is a wonderful uniform with a divergence from the collector "textbook."

?

A supremely rare tunic FB.

The mobilization of the Allgemeine SS for the SSTV began in 1938, and is well described in this work I have cited:

Elite fÃ

.................................................. ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra   schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra  

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra  
    Last edited by powtrenchart; 10-08-2017 at 09:43 PM.

?

This item is not related to the SS or their motor units. It is a shame such a fine thread illustrated with images of rare items and explained by world class experts will have this advertisement as its post script. Good luck.

FB as always you have some fantastic tunics, hat, and accessories.. your collection is a museum. thank you

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast