Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SD cap ,what is the correct color?

Article about: hallo hewerybody i am a reenactor i ask ,at you expertise , what is the correct color about ,field cap crusher cap ,or schirmutze ,or feldmutze ,i can to use with a tunics m34 vwhool in ston

The interior is as nice as the outside.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD cap ,what is the correct color?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The interior is as nice as the outside.
    Thanks Friedrich

Will do it Ben,
    but it's necessary that I make better pics that those I have currently, we do not see enough details...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?  

Very nice as I recall. I do need to find something similar to add to my heap. Well done and very hard to find in such condition or origin.

Quote by francodem View Post
    tahk you for the fast reply ,
    ,so i have to buy a normal field grey crusher cap like that ?

Richard A Underwood - WW2 Militaria and Re-enactment Supplies
    Read post #3 again! That is your answer!!!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

But the runes are off centre and rotated too far so it cannot be real!

Much empathise is placed on the accuracy of period German makers but they were only human after all and the shortage of skilled labour is well documented, much of the evidence has been posted thanks to FB.

Shoddy workmanship is not always the cause for concern but in fact the opposite and a good sign of originality, you just have to know the difference.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?  

?

Having looked more in detail, this is a tremendously rare cap.

I cannot recall seeing another grey cap with the wasserdicht lining with runes as seen here and the high pointed crown is very much the extramuetze style of the later 1930's when I would suggest, the runic lining would have been surpassed?

The anomalies continue with the ersatz sweatband which is very not extramuetze as they would have had a leather band.

This is why I continue to come back to this hobby, something new always appears almost weekly.

?

As an aside, it would be useful for the so called SS visor cap insignia experts to take their thumb out of their arses and publish some useful data.
    This cap has aluminium regalia for example but when did these first become available? (these are Deschler by the way, worth a fortune on their own due to the crazy market place)

"so called SS visor cap insignia experts to take their thumb out of their arses and publish some useful data."
    Not exactly the perfect tone and manner with which to ask for information but nonetheless the SS was informed about the introduction of the new aluminium insignia on the 23rd of May, 1936 in a memorandum from Heissmeyer. The matt-aluminium badges were specifically for the field grey and earth brown caps. The cupal badges (or Lupal in some documents) were for the black caps.
    d'Alquen

?

I think we all know where my tone and manner was aimed at. Certainly not you Mr. d'Alquen.

Thank you for the information about the aluminium insignia issued date, very useful as always so I thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast