Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SD cap ,what is the correct color?

Article about: hallo hewerybody i am a reenactor i ask ,at you expertise , what is the correct color about ,field cap crusher cap ,or schirmutze ,or feldmutze ,i can to use with a tunics m34 vwhool in ston

?

Very nice additions from Mr. d'alquen and F-B. Great examples of why this site prospers as opposed to the pettiness and childs games found elsewhere. Thanks to both of them for the sharing they do.

This 1936 price list excerpt was posted here on this forum some time ago. In fact I think it was one of the two members mentioned above who originally posted it.

Last edited by jHAM; 08-17-2013 at 07:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD cap ,what is the correct color?
    P
    Many

Thanks for the nice collaboration.

better pics of the insignia

M1/167 Hicke bird an M1/52 Deschler skull.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?   SD cap ,what is the correct color?  

Very nice. The alu Hoheitszeichen is much nicer than the common zinc one. A wonderful cap, you can be very proud of it.

SD cap ,what is the correct color?SD cap ,what is the correct color?The alu Deschler has the mark on the chin ( see: left) from the slider on the strap, which bespeaks its originality and location over the decades. I have some like it on grey and black caps.

- - Updated - -

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-18-2013 at 08:13 PM.

?

All such little details can help authentic these things.

Note the flaw next to the nose on the skull above. I think it occurs during the stamping process and some have it and some don't.

Some have been threatening books on the subject of dies, flaws, suture lines and all the rest of it for years and years now. (see thumbs and arses )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?   SD cap ,what is the correct color?  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The uniform above may have been a Faehnrich sort of rank in the SD, I cannot recall. Ergo, he may have worn the officer's cap. Thus:
    As Friedrich-Berthold said, an officer's cap would have been worn with this uniform, which belonged to a Sturmscharführer. Allow me to elaborate a little, as this may be of interest here.

The SD started out wearing rank insignia of the Allgemeine SS pattern, than ca. 1939 took to wearing Waffen-SS-style rank insignia and in 1942 finally transitioned to the Ordnungspolizei-style rank insignia as worn on the tunic seen in the first post.

With this final transition came the right for SD/Sipo personnel ranked Sturmscharführer (i.e. the most senior NCO rank) to wear officer's cap cords just like the Meister-ranked policemen whose shoulder boards they wore.

The progression of rank insignia types is actually quite well illustrated in posts # 1 and 5 of this thread.:

• Post # 5, second photo: A-SS-style rank insignia (narrow "rank group" shoulder boards)
    • Post # 5, first photo: A transitional period with A-SS style rank insignia worn by the driver, W-SS style rank insignia worn by the other three men
    • Post # 5, third and fourth photo: W-SS style rank insignia (military-style shoulder boards, NCO collar Tresse on tunics)
    • Post # 1: Police-style rank insignia (police-style shoulder boards, no NCO collar Tresse)

?

Here is a good Sidephoto of a beautiful visor in use by SD.
    I like the tiny Mauser 1934 he is using, i had one of these in mint condition when i were young. Cal 7,65 if i remember correctly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD cap ,what is the correct color?  

Thanks for the cordial effort. I share Ben's impatience with the "scull" savants, whose reach exceeds their grasp with this kind of regalia. My comment does not apply to Mr. d'Alquen, whose expertise includes the SS as a whole, and whose documentary endeavors here have set a standard of self help and mutual aid in research. I do mean, however, other figures who shall remain nameless, who never offer any primary sources to substantiate their wild assertions. Instead, they discover in these badges the regalia equivalent of green hued canals on the surface of Mars to draw attention to themselves and otherwise to confuse all concerned.

Mr. Pascal's hat is a very nice item. These alu. badges are seldom found in extant caps.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-18-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Andreas' analysis is well documented in vol. V of Mollo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast