Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"

Article about: Guys, I am interested in buying these but I really appreciate you giving them a once over first I have researched them as much as I can and on the face of it they look ok Many thanks Nick

Default Re: SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    That has always confused me as well. I've heard several stories when it comes to which letter should be present and why it is so. May be someone can comment further on that, I am quite interested myself.
    I found this info just now....

"The upper left letter is for complexity. A is for simple and F for more advanced. Letter L is further advanced work. Hence A is found on BeVo eagles and often on some blank rank tabs. B is found on Enlisted rune tabs and some cuff titles. C is commonly found on bullion rune tabs and some cuff titles. D on SS VT tabs and some swas arm bands. F is found on Generals tabs and bullion skull tabs and on some bullion embroidery cuff titles. H is found on bullion sleeve eagles. L is found on cape eagles. M is found on SS officers brocade belts."

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"
    P
    Many

I always find these sort of items a minefield.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I found this info just now....

"The upper left letter is for complexity. A is for simple and F for more advanced. Letter L is further advanced work. Hence A is found on BeVo eagles and often on some blank rank tabs. B is found on Enlisted rune tabs and some cuff titles. C is commonly found on bullion rune tabs and some cuff titles. D on SS VT tabs and some swas arm bands. F is found on Generals tabs and bullion skull tabs and on some bullion embroidery cuff titles. H is found on bullion sleeve eagles. L is found on cape eagles. M is found on SS officers brocade belts."

Nick
    This information requires levying against a reliable primary source.

SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A" These are primary sources.

I am not an expert in wartime insignia, but the Schulterstuecke in the original post seem original to me. However, it is not impossible that police badges are re worked as SD ones with dye, which does not appear to be the case with this item. I think the Whammond site has some of these, as well.....

I am a fanatical enemy of gun show lore about the RZM that is usually based on hot air.

SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"This is also a primary source, courtesy of our redoubtable D'Alquen, who has given us hundreds of such things.

Thank you, as always, for your contribution FB

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"SD NCO shoulder boards with RZM tag "A"Thanks. With apologies to my colleague Whammond, here are two shoulder board sets from his site.

The RZM levied a series of operating fees of various kinds from the contractor and apparently for the regulated item itself, which are wrongly described as "taxes" on other sites, especially the lords of the flies one.
    I have never seen an original, single description of all these fees in their variety, but I am not at all convinced that the received wisdom associated with this aspect of the RZM is at all correct.
    Wim Saris would know, and there is a fine website in Mitteldeutschland, which I have appended, which also contains worthwhile material.

I owned an open collar field grey tunic stripped of insignia forty years ago that would have well taken such insignia.
    I own three SD/Sipo black uniforms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast