Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SD officer Diamond

Article about: Here is a nice sd diamond i bought recently.It is made on moleskin type material.I'm only used to seeing them on wool. Does anyone have any moleskin examples to show? and is it common to fin

SD officer Diamond On the basis that "a picture paints a thousand words" here is the photo that I previously mentioned.

As I could not find the photo either I did a trawl and found this one which shows the piped SD raute on the early uniform i.e. before the adoption of police style shoulder straps, in 1942.

Also, Dimas is quite correct in that the badge signifies someone in the Gestapo, Gestapa or Stapostele who had transferred to the SD and would be therefore make it more distinctive,in that it conferred an extra element of "service" and therefore status, for the wearer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD officer Diamond
    P
    Many

SD officer DiamondAlso seen in this configuration.

Thanks for the info Dimas.Great photo bochmann.I have only recently moved house i'm sure i have a book on the gestapo.I have not un packed any of my book as yet.
    Very nice configuration friedrich thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

SD is a most strange service with their uniform. Normally black/silver piped + cuff title are being worn per regulation before Waffen-SS. After 1940 year, the tunics appears with a army style green piped shoulderstarps, and army style tresse appears in different pictures, mixed with/ without pre -war style alu/black cord and cufftitles. After 1942 year SD became police type shoulder straps, and seen without any cords and tresse at the collar. Most of the men served in SD, had a long service. Due the most of the tunics are private purchased- which was not cheap, they just upgrade the uniforms, but nothing remove from it.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas from what your saying in your post collecting SD items sounds very diffecult indeed.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    SD is a most strange service with their uniform. Normally black/silver piped + cuff title are being worn per regulation before Waffen-SS. After 1940 year, the tunics appears with a army style green piped shoulderstarps, and army style tresse appears in different pictures, mixed with/ without pre -war style alu/black cord and cufftitles. After 1942 year SD became police type shoulder straps, and seen without any cords and tresse at the collar. Most of the men served in SD, had a long service. Due the most of the tunics are private purchased- which was not cheap, they just upgrade the uniforms, but nothing remove from it.

?

SD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer Diamond
    Cheers guys just wanna to put my two cents in on the subject
    this is uniform of ober Hottl i just add to my collection only problem im missing the diamond and need help to find one to be complete
    thank you
    sorry about the photos but i cant figure out how to place them correctly

?

SD officer Diamond

SD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer DiamondSD officer Diamond

Here ya go brother. Some fine items indeed! Congratulations on your acquisition. Kindest regards.

Brian

Well , judging from the construction of the shoulderboards and their lack of green piping , this tunic is not SD at all - so it will not need a Raute on the sleeve .

Rather , this would be a wartime tunic for a staff member of the Allgemeine SS .

Pictured here is Christian Schnug , Sturmbannführer in the staff of Abschnitt XII Allgemeine SS ( he held no rank in the Waffen SS ) .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD officer Diamond  

?

thank you BRIAN and WINKELMAN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2