Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SD Officer sleeve patch

Article about: Need Help on this SD Officer sleeve patch if it's Original to period or Not? Thank you, Ado

?

Default Re: SD Officer sleeve patch

I'm no expert but I have a fake EM's badge to campare. Notice the shape of the 'S' and the round edges of it. The originals have a linear 'S' as opposed to a rounded 'S'. Dont take this opinion as fact, as I said I'm no expert, so "in my opinion " this is what I noticed a little. As F-B said, let Mr. Hritz rply on it. He's the man in this subject.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Officer sleeve patch   SD Officer sleeve patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Officer sleeve patch
    P
    Many

?

SD Officer sleeve patchHere is what I believe to be a genuine EM patch, in situ, for comparison:

Thanks to colleague Bruce for the addendum. His object diverges from the first piece here, too, actually.
    One has to recall that each of these objectsSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patch was an Unikat, that is, it was unique. Here is an image of such things being made, that is by a woman's skilled hand, and, to be sure, each woman embroidered differently. They did, however, embroider to a high standard.

The women are at work at Fahnen Fleck in Hamburg, which made SS cuff titles, and the advert is for a similar firm in the Vogtland/Erzgebirge, that also made SS insignia. All too droll.

You do not find information and indeed knowledge of this type on other sites....SD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patch

SD Officer sleeve patch

Foetid riddles in mouldering enigmas.....lost in the dark reaches of time. SD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patchSD Officer sleeve patch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2