Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

sd police tunic

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?  

Default sd police tunic

Attached Images Attached Images sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic  sd police tunic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sd police tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: sd police tunic

hoping to get some input on this on
    1/i can not fined any trace of a army eagle

2/ all insignia real eagle and sd show same wear and both embedded in to the tunic

3/the black strap on the back of the collar is twist cord piping thats lost its sliver cord but can still see bits of it
    4/the sowing side of thinks i can find a few like this in the first beaver book

5/ fear bit of field repairs

6/ in hands this shows wear and so on as every think has all ways been there this is how it was brought in the 60s

7/ no signs on both sides of the collar that there has been anythink als

some close ups i hope
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sd police tunic   sd police tunic  

sd police tunic   sd police tunic  

sd police tunic   sd police tunic  

sd police tunic  

?

hbt collar backing seems pretty unusual and don't we expect the typical german zig-zag stitching here? but maybe field conversion/repair... insignia look good tho SD boards' base is usually brighter "toxic" green (Giftgruen) I thought.

Quote by vady View Post
    hbt collar backing seems pretty unusual and don't we expect the typical german zig-zag stitching here? but maybe field conversion/repair... insignia look good tho SD boards' base is usually brighter "toxic" green (Giftgruen) I thought.
    these are ss police boards changed over 42 yep heaps of field repair not mint collar period replaced found like this in the 60s

131 views glade to see i am not the only one

?

ok thanks, anyway nice-looking tunic.

OKW
    ?

Not being by any manner of means a novice nevermind an expert i don't like the collar. As pointed out i would have thought the stitching should be zig zag. Has anyone else access to an HBT jacket that has the same stitching to the collar. My understanding of the SD is that they were a police/intelligence gathering anti-terrorist organisation behind the lines, indeed most key cities would have had some SD presence. In this light i think the owner of the jacket would have access to proper tailoring facilities and therefore a higher quality collar. It would be a brave tailor who annoyed the SD!

Don't worry about the collar reinforcement stitching. These can be zig zag or like the style shown or even done as a wavy line.

All the insignia shown is original in my opinion.

I agree, some of the work is not that well done. But who knows?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Don't worry about the collar reinforcement stitching. These can be zig zag or like the style shown or even done as a wavy line.

All the insignia shown is original in my opinion.

I agree, some of the work is not that well done. But who knows?

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks yep seen worse sowing on a lot of dealer sites and big name books and named tunics . this tunic holds a secret to its originality ! to do with its tailoring ! a lot of sd units could not just run off to the tailor .IT WAS A WAR I THOUGHT. this is a combat piece not mint like 90% we see that must of had dry cleaners running after them or get a new one but thats what every one likes to believe