Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SD uniform black before the war?

Article about: Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes the black uniform was worn. Cheers, Ade.

?

I too miss them. are they posting elsewhere?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD uniform black before the war?
    P
    Many

" It was not wasted time on their part. Thank you, gentlemen." DrCMH

Absolutely! their legacy of photos, wisdom and wit is preserved and secure in the archives of War Relics Forum and will continue to enlighten the novice and experienced collector for years to come.

Yes, they are missed.

?

Sorely missed. I am very thankful I was able to participate with such distinguished people. I send them my best wishes.

Greetings. Some recent comments attracted me to the Virtual Grenadier site that is indeed a wealth of interesting material. There I found a tunic for sale, one very similar to one shown by FB in post no#22 in this thread, and which I re-post... a private purchase, in tricot and good condition with some "mystery".
    From previous comments by Bob Coleman, F.B. and others, and assuming the insignia is original to the tunic, the absence of cuff title & other sleeve insignia makes it impossible to say which branch of the SS it may have originated... and may be more unlikely to be SD.
    What also caught my eye was the similar cut of the collar/lapel with is open angle below the collar tab....which is generally unusual. Though the lapel on the advertised tunic is even more open in cut.

Any comments or input on these features would be highly appreciated. I appreciate that the Virtual Grenadier site has a great deal of material and I did not seek permission to use their images.

Regards, Paul
    SD uniform black before the war?SD uniform black before the war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD uniform black before the war?  

I did see these things. I do not know. I think they are either the same item, which is likely, but, on the other hand, there are a number of subtle differences.
    You'd have to examine it. The first item was put together by a dealer, I am fairly certain, but I cannot recall. My memory is giving out along with my
    other faculties. The blank collar patch applied to other organization than the SD, of course.

- - ------- - -

The form of the collar diverge somewhat from the norm, but not in all cases.

PS In 2009 I wrote that the first item was indeed put together, so that's what I said in 2009!

I never saw the original item, i.e. the item in post 22. The similarity is significant and these things do get modified or not.
    The pictures alone are insufficient to know for certain.

All part of the carousel of historical trivia.

Where is the 12 step program to overcome foetid woolens?

?

I saw this item as well and there are a few things that would give me pause. As FB noted above, there are subtle differences between the two examples posted. I am not quite sure that they are the same tunic which is yet another reason to have an in-hand inspection on the item.

SD uniform black before the war?SD uniform black before the war?SD uniform black before the war?SD uniform black before the war?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The similarity is significant and these things do get modified or not.
    The pictures alone are insufficient to know for certain.

All part of the carousel of historical trivia.

Where is the 12 step program to overcome foetid woolens?
    Well said, FB!

On the item I identified in 2009, the rank stars penetrated the collar very plainly. That is, the splints seem to have pierced the patch and the collar, itself.
    In any case, the minute examination of these photos is a sport in and of itself, but the only way to tell is to have the two things side by side and in hand, so you
    can see it with the full human senses. The search for phantoms in photographs is often very beside the point.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-24-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast