Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SD uniform black before the war?

Article about: Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes the black uniform was worn. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: SD uniform black before the war?

Please remember that the blank collar tab is not a "SD" collar tab. The blank cufftitle would only be worn by an individual attached to the Staff of an Oberabschnitt or Unterabschnitt. The blank cufftitle is also not exclusive for wear by the SD. All SD men wore a blank right collar tab. However, as previously stated, only those I mentioned would wear the cufftitle.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD uniform black before the war?
    P
    Many

ESP
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Please remember that the blank collar tab is not a "SD" collar tab. The blank cufftitle would only be worn by an individual attached to the Staff of an Oberabschnitt or Unterabschnitt. The blank cufftitle is also not exclusive for wear by the SD. All SD men wore a blank right collar tab. However, as previously stated, only those I mentioned would wear the cufftitle.
    OK! Thanks alot!

?

was the SD officer allowed to wear civillian clothes on duty, as Gestapo?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    was the SD officer allowed to wear civillian clothes on duty, as Gestapo?
    SD men worked in uniform while Gestapo men wore regular civilian clothing. As with anything, I am certain their may have been exceptions. However,the uniform was a symbol of the authority for members of the SD.
    BOB

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Bob. I've seen blank collar tabs with the early silverwire litzen stripe around them. Would these be exclusive to any one branch of the specialty units? SD likely? Or simply an early style that would have been on any one of them? thanks again, rick

Quote by rickyodicky View Post
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Bob. I've seen blank collar tabs with the early silverwire litzen stripe around them. Would these be exclusive to any one branch of the specialty units? SD likely? Or simply an early style that would have been on any one of them? thanks again, rick
    Rick-
    If I understand the question, you are refering to the black and silver twisted collar tab piping. If this is your question, such a tab would have been worn by other ranks members of any unit that would wear a blank right tab.
    BOB

Thanks Bob, that was my question. I haven't learned enough about those troublesome collar tabs. That piping has always been refered to as "early" examples, but I haven't found enough info. about them. Fascinating topic and thanks again, rick

see attached

Sipo SD men in black uniform also ski uniform
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD uniform black before the war?  

See attached.

The best source on this is vol V of the Mollo series. I realize this statement is a bridge too far for most, but it remains the sole source of merit in my opinion.

The civil-party structure of the SS and police is the key to understand the complexities of the uniform.

The structures are not especially straight forward for a person in the year 2009, nor was such especially so in 1939.

This officer below was an instructor at the Sipo/SD school in Berlin Charlottenburg. His cuff title indicates as much.

Otherwise, the blank cuff title was in use at subordinate echelons.
    Attached Images Attached Images SD uniform black before the war? 

such a blank title, also used in other roles in other SS organizations, but chiefly identified with SD/Sipo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD uniform black before the war?  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast