Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A seller that puts staples through his SS tabs...

Article about: I came across a site, that this guy has some very nice original SS tabs for sale, the only problems i see if that he staples every single one of them onto paper. You can see rust marks , and

Default Re: A seller that puts staples through his SS tabs...

Quote by groserm View Post
    Actually the collector did not staple the collar tabs to the Fort Pickett pillow case. The veteran that brought the items back from the war supposedly did. The collector purchased the items from the vet. I had seen the same collectors web site a while back.
    "Supposedly" is the key here. As Ade correctly stated above, the SS tabs are fakes. Someone--either this dealer or someone before him--took a bunch of post-war fakes and stapled them to that vintage pillow cover in an attempt to make it look like something a returning vet had done to display his souvenirs from the war.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A seller that puts staples through his SS tabs...
    P
    Many

Kind of scarry when you can't trust one of the larger internet memorabilia collectors. I usually use his site as one part of a way to verifiy medals or other memorabilia I am looking at.

Rick

why would some-one staple (real or fake) items to an pilowcase/ piece of wood??? And if, why would you do it with... well.. a couple of hundred staples?
    You hardly can see any item underneith al those staples..
    What a freakin moron..

cheers,

There ought to be courses with exams, and licenses issued to anyone who uses
    a stapler and does this kind of thing to ANY historical item ! ! ! !

If these tabs etc. are bogus, it doesn't really matter then....................

Regards,

Steve.

Kind of scarry when you can't trust one of the larger internet memorabilia collectors.
    Some of the largest internet dealers are some of the worst. Have you ever taken a look at the complete crap for sale at "Snyder's Treasures?"

That being said, not all who sell fakes are crooks like Charlie Snyder. Some just don't know any better, despite several decades in the business. Many have not kept up with the proliferation of better and better fakes over the years and even the finest dealers can't be experts in every area. Honest mistakes are made by even the best now and then.

Again, these particular tabs are fakes for sure. However, this pillow case is not that much more strange than other means I have seen vets having invented to display their real souvenirs. Keep in mind, what are valuable historical artifacts to us now, were worthless junk shortly after the war.

?

Have you ever taken a look at the complete crap for sale at "Snyder's Treasures?"
    As it happens, the stapled tabs are from that very website.

YES, thats him, I did not want to just throw out there his name, and website.

Hes really stupid.

Brian

?

was the price $999,99 ?
    I think you have all the answers and advices on this thread already. All good advices expressed here.
    Staples are a good way to make look junk as vet's bringback,imo

...I usually use his site as one part of a way to verifiy medals or other memorabilia I am looking at.

Rick
    Holy cow, I just read that it is actually Snyder's site you are talking about!

If you are using his site to verify originals, you have chosen the worst possible source for information. If it is in his house of horrors, you can almost be guaranteed that it is fake!!

?

bless you, bless you all, such brass, so well done,
    long have I passed his tables by, early morning
    river crossings, indeed, monkey skulls in silver
    and Goering's entire silver set, EB's comb, bless you,
    bless your voice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2