Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic

Article about: Greetings. As I am comparing and contrasting currently available SS tunics/greatcoats with recently sold or illustrated items of known value and/or authenticity, I would appreciate any remin

Default In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic

Greetings. As I am comparing and contrasting currently available SS tunics/greatcoats with recently sold or illustrated items of known value and/or authenticity, I would appreciate any reminder of where the original discussion of this tab (and concerning the tunic attached to it) lies on this forum (i've tried every conceiveable keyword in my search). I recall final conclusions were positive after some initial skepticism. I am taking this tunic seriously... but this tab....... Have contributers seen other authentic tabs of this "quality"?
    In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic
    Thanks for any advice offered. Regards, Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic

Many thanks, Sir. My personal filing system is not as fool proof as I would have hoped.
    Regards, Paul

However, This reference source was previously unknown to me and I am sure I have personally only seen discussion of the item on this site with opinions offered from our own resident experts and their impeccable sources. regards, paul

In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunicMy mentor Dave Delich pronounced the badge at the top here to be authentic, whereas I had doubted it. The tunic it is on is quite real, and I have one similar but to a Sudeten Standarte. The tunic in question, however, is not of early date, i.e. 1934 or 1935, but is ca. 1938/9 and is an RZM contract tunic with the addition of the maker's conventional name in addition to the RZM tag license number. The colored bordered cuff titles were phased out as of the summer of 1937 or not.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.

?

This embroidery style is not atypical of the early years'

Thank-you for your advice and guidance gentlemen.
    I would be happy with this in my collection if certain the insignia is original to the tunic. The eternal dilema of early insignia and a later substrate... with all the possibilties of how it might have come to be. I woud have thought someone contemplating a "rebuild" would apply less dubious and more valuable insignia to a stripped tunic ... LAH, TK etc so as to maximise potential sales. Hmmm... Price is a bit steep, I wonder if they're open to offers and or an agreed authentication within the price? Cheers, paul

Do let me give you a piece of advice my mentor gave me three decades and more ago as concerns my profession: don't wear your heart on your sleeve if you want to collect this stuff. Put another way, the search for consensus via this medium is flawed, because one can never really know the persons involved and their motivations. Some are devoted solely to wrecking other collectors in order to drive them away and also because the lord of the flies factor on the internet is greater than in normal human traffic. This medium gives too many a license to bully with the apparent shield of this screen and what they deem the absence of penalties. The key is real expertise had by conventional, i.e. 20th century means as well as the first hand examination of real material.

It is by no means impossible that a person took the old insignia off a worn out tunic and put it on a new tunic, or not.....

or you simply can wait and find a piece about which you have no qualms yourself.

Another one will turn up, at the latest when I ditch my pile of junk. You can have several, and they are all integral.

F.B., sir, your sage counsel on all matters is appreciated. The over-enthusiasm of a novice often requires tempering. Regards, Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast