Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic

Article about: Greetings. As I am comparing and contrasting currently available SS tunics/greatcoats with recently sold or illustrated items of known value and/or authenticity, I would appreciate any remin

Default Re: In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic

Another adage I learned long ago in collecting is if the piece needs explanations for certain features, it is best to walk on. The more explanations needed the less desirable the item is. When you need to convince yourself to buy an item, you are better saving your money for another day.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic
    P
    Many

i hardly think this concept could have been related any better my good friend.

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    F.B., sir, your sage counsel on all matters is appreciated. The over-enthusiasm of a novice often requires tempering. Regards, Paul
    Please do not take my adage in the wrong way. There is a tendency to seek consensus in these spaces, which I have watched over more than a decade and I come away mostly in disgust from it at the basic falsity of many of the figures in these sites and their bogus posing as pillars of knowledge and probity, when nothing could be further from the truth. We have a nice site here, and I have faith in most of the principals based on bitter and hard won experience. I wish you much good fortune and success in your collecting and am certain that you will flourish to the betterment of all. There are many imponderables in this pursuit, and it is our goal here to lessen these imponderables. But our goal is hardly shared by others, who in their number use the device of this medium for their own ends, the sum of which is to deter the beginner. We want to encourage the beginner, but we also set a very high standard so the beginner passes on to the next stage of competency and capability. The on line thing makes knowledge appear far cheaper than it really is, and also tricks us into believing that the element of time no longer matters, whereas there is no eradication of time in the formation of expertise.

In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunicIn serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunicas concerns the element of time, I first learned of the RZM circular in the early 1970s and was only able to read them in the last couple of years.

The red volume, the protocol of a national meeting of NSDAP treasurers did I purchase forty one years ago....and am happy I did so at the time. I have never seen one since....

- - Updated - -

In serach of old thread- 41st Standarte tab and tunic
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-20-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2