Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titles

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum and I think i will learn a lot of new things ... First i'm trying to trace back the history of the body gard unit, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler BEFORE

Jux
    ?

Default Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titles

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum and I think i will learn a lot of new things ...

First i'm trying to trace back the history of the body gard unit, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler BEFORE the war :
    - march 1923 : SA Stosstrupp AH
    - 1925 : SS
    - march 1933 : SS Stabswache Berlin
    - september 1933 : SS-Sonderkommando Berlin then Adolf Hitler Standarte
    - november 1933 : Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
    - april 1934 : Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
    - june 1934 : Rgt Infantry Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (mot.)
    - september 1939 Poland : Integrated in the 17 Wehrmacht Infantry Division
    then France, Kreta, Russia, SS Division, Panzergnd, Panzer , etc ...

I'm investigating on the cuff titles of this mythical unit and i found 2 (i'm right untill here ?).
    This one :

And this one :

Now i'm tracing back the history of these cuff titles. According to what i read the first cuff title was worn first by the SS-Sonderkommando Berlin in september 1933 and no one unit had a cuff title body guard before (i'm right ?). This cuff title ended 1934 according to what i read and was remplaced by the second that everybody know (i'm right ?). But can someone tell me the exact date of the end of the first cuff title ? And the reason (rename of the unit ? celebration ? just an order ?).

Thank you all.
    I shall really estimate your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titles
    P
    Many

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesSeveral Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesYou can add this image to your search.

?

Jux! Welcome to the best Militaria Forum out there. I am sure you will find this forum A+++!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesThis is an early, ca. 1934 version of this cuff title. The Bando Beaver book includes many variations.

There is a several volume history of the LAH from the 1970s or so, of which I own one volume. It was published by Munin Verlag.

ZVAB.com: Die Leibstandarte. Hier in 5 Bände in 6 Büchern KOMPLETT ! von Lehmann, Rudolf und Ralf Tiemann: - Osnabrück, Munin Verlag, 1977. - - Antiquariat Ehbrecht - Bücher

I only own the first volume and the picture volume. There are numerous picture books on the LAH, almost too numerous to mention.

There is a volume from Bender in English which someone will cite here. I do not own it, actually.

Your search is best served through the 20th century means of inquiry versus looking on the endless beach of the internet for some little detail like a shiny pebble or a piece of glass.

Most of what is in the internet, with some notable exceptions, is persons copying from persons copying from persons, who then use the books we cite anyway.

My hint: start with the books, the good ole' 20th century way.

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesThere are also picture books about Sepp Dietrich, which are quite good.

The Heimdal books in French contain some remarkable things, and often include many images from the same event versus one or two as found in earlier works.

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesSeveral Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesThe Beaver Bando book, to my mind, is the best single source to compare variations of these insignia. I bought mine in French while in Berlin.

- - ------- - -

Several Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesSeveral Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff titlesVol. III of Mollo is also pretty clear, and it is based, in part on good ole' Klietmann, from 1966.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast