Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Shocking cut off insignia set

Article about: I just was informed about this as it was posted on another forum, but the link to where it was exposed is from the WAF. Words fail me on this. A stripped tunic was said to have been carefull

Default Re: Shocking cut off insignia set

I bought the sleeve and the collar at the SOS last month. So this is where my ownership begins with the items in this posting. The tab pictured in this posting is on field gray backing, while the tunic pictured has a badge cloth green collar. All insignia is 100% original, and I had no hand in cutting it up, this I assure you!

Bruce B. Hermann

Grenadier Military Antiques

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shocking cut off insignia set
    P
    Many

Cold blooded murder

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I can but sit back and shake my head in disbelief as I am further disheartened by what our hobby has become.........

Tom

Quote by Grenadier Military Antiques View Post
    I bought the sleeve and the collar at the SOS last month. So this is where my ownership begins with the items in this posting. The tab pictured in this posting is on field gray backing, while the tunic pictured has a badge cloth green collar. All insignia is 100% original, and I had no hand in cutting it up, this I assure you!

Bruce B. Hermann

Grenadier Military Antiques
    Good to hear your side of the story Mr Hermann and I assume that you or anyone else has noticed that I never stated or implied that you had any part in what appears to have happened.

I did not contact you on this matter as this subject had been raised on at least two other forums prior to my bringing it to the attention of the members on this forum and I assumed that it would have already been brought to your attention.

I also wondered what the relevance was of the grey collar cut off to this matter but as it was the item that started the thread on the WAF, I posted it as well, as links can be deleted as can threads and on this forum it is considered the done thing to post the images as well as any links for items being discussed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a chick who crashed at my pad in college alot. She stole my fine cowboy boots... ie Who does that????

This sort of thing is a daily occurance..... not perhaps with tunics, but definitely with photo albums. I collect photo albums from German soldiers stationed here in the Channel Islands (Kanalinseln), Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark ,Herm and I am continually seeing photos that have been ripped from albums. For me this is no different that the tunic being cut up. A complete album can often show when the man started out in the RAD and then moved onto whatever branch of the armed forces and his move across from German, Belgium, Holland, France to the either Granville or St.Malo with his unit and then the crossing to one of the Islands and then local shots around the Island giving us valuable information regarding the time spent here. Unfortunately many dealers see there being more profit in ripping up the albums and selling the photo's one by one or in small groups. This means that the overall history recorded in the album is lost forever. Yes, I do try to buy the local photo's and keep them together but the overall effect provided by a complete album is totally lost. If the dealers were to ask me if I was interested in the complete album before they destroyed it, they would find I would much prefer to pay a bit more for it to keep it together.
    If any of you know of any photo albums or soldbuch and wehrpass from the Islands that are for sale please let me know as they would find a good home in my museum archive.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

i think i threw up in my mouth a little

[QUOTE=Jerry B;856585]Good to hear your side of the story Mr Hermann and I assume that you or anyone else has noticed that I never stated or implied that you had any part in what appears to have happened.

I did not contact you on this matter as this subject had been raised on at least two other forums prior to my bringing it to the attention of the members on this forum and I assumed that it would have already been brought to your attention. END QUOTE

Do let me say that your first post, to my mind at least, did plainly imply that Bruce Herman was responsible for this issue and it is well that you here clarify your statement.

?

I'm in utter disbelief at such stupidity it brings tears to your eyes.

Greg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast