Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their use

Article about: As I am still unable to get a hold of some decent literature, I must ask you gentlemen, in which cases an SD man would have the blank cuff title and in which cases he would not wear one at a

Default Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their use

As I am still unable to get a hold of some decent literature, I must ask you gentlemen, in which cases an SD man would have the blank cuff title and in which cases he would not wear one at all? I have seen pictures of both cases but never found an answer.
    Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their use

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their use
    P
    Many

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useIn wartime images, one seldom sees a cuff title. My source for this is Vol. V of Mollo. I do not take Angolia seriously, granted its many, many errors.

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useGet this, but it is somewhat opaque.

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useSicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useI own three SD/Sipo/Gestapo uniforms with blank cuff titles, but they are black uniforms.

Thank you. So the SD cuff title was actually a ''passing trend'' rather than regulation driven?

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Thank you. So the SD cuff title was actually a ''passing trend'' rather than regulation driven?
    No, of course it was governed by a regulation. The issue is that we do not know how these regulations changed.

Do get the book and see for yourself. It is on line, too, with apologies to good ole' Mollo.

If you deepen yourself in the SS, you will find that there were three contradictory rules for everything, just as bureaucracy the world over is prone to do.

I know.

Thanks for clearing that up. The reason I asked was because I've often seen many images where even high ranking officers wear non-regulation insignia and accessories on their uniforms.

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. The reason I asked was because I've often seen many images where even high ranking officers wear non-regulation insignia and accessories on their uniforms.
    We have hundreds of posts with rich primary sources on these issues. Collectors have a naive faith in standardization which in no way corresponds to the past.

It likely does not correspond to the present. We are all standardized in death, I guess.

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useNote

- - ------- - -

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useor, as just added by a colleague

Sicherheitsdienst cuff titles and their useor

- - ------- - -

I think Mollo has a clue, but I am not sure. One of you has the answer. Maybe Andreas does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast