Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?

Article about: by youthcollector1 Here are the two examples side-by-side. It would certainly be nice to have these in hand so that one could see it's true color. Yes it looks quite similar! Thank you very

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Here are the two examples side-by-side. It would certainly be nice to have these in hand so that one could see it's true color.
    Yes it looks quite similar! Thank you very much!

Here's some signals from Helmut Weitze website. The yellow colour is quite lighter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?
    P
    Many

Quote by Waban View Post
    Yes it looks quite similar! Thank you very much!

Here's some signals from Helmut Weitze website. The yellow colour is quite lighter.

Indeed they are: funny enough, I was actually just about to post that picture. Note the tone is considerably more vibrant than the other two examples above, yet they appear to have similar wear to one another.
    That said, judging waffenfarben via a few photographs is never a easy task, therefore let's allow some other more experienced opinions to be expressed prior to making a final judgement. I'm looking forward to a resolution and possibly learning something new, thank you for posting this.

------
    It would be helpful if you could post some pictures of the tab in natural lighting taken outside around dawn or dusk so that we all can see the true color of the piping.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-01-2014 at 07:16 AM.

?

Judging waffenfarben via a few photographs is never a easy task though therefore let's here some other opinions.
    Yes, you are right. Thank you very much for your help. I will wait other opinions.

From the examples shown, I would say that these are all "citrongelb" or lemon yellow for signals not "dunkelgelb" for reconnisance, however, it is nearly impossible to predict what colour these really are as your computer settings may be different from mine, so we both could be correct in our interpretation of the image posted but have directly opposite results.
    Also, even if several sets of items were issued to individual troops at the same time some 70 plus years ago they will be not necessarily be the same today as they will be have been subject to different wear/bleaching and storage conditions since that time.
    If you are trying to match the insignia with a particular goal in mind, or if you would want a signals set but not a reconnisance one, I personnally think that you should be happy if you can secure an original set, whatever the colour.
    Apologies if this comes across as a bit of a rant.

Not at all Bochmann, and I completely agree with your statement above sir. I am actually viewing these images on my iPhone with the setting set on dim. It's quite possible, if not likely, that we're seeing two different shades of yellow.
    In my humble opinion verifying the piping is original to the tab is most important with identifying the unit/shade of yellow being a distant second.
    Doug's set came in a grouping which contained a photo album and information on the original owner so we can be sure that his set is of the SS-Aufklärungs.

Yes, they were. Here's another example which was used in the Waffen-SS Panzer divisions.
    Attachment 708514Attachment 708515
    The application of the piping on the above example, which is correct, could be of use here. Fingers crossed you have a winner sir.
    Oh wow, learn something every day! I wish OP the best!

?

Thank you all for helping me, I really appreciate!

Here's some new pictures of my tab, on white sheet under summer sun. And one on a famous american brand mustard to compare the yellow shades.

It looks darker under sun than under flash.

Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?
    Last edited by Waban; 07-01-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Very nice tabs indeed,I would love to be able to add such a piped tab to my collection
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Thank you Dave!

Anyone else ?

NIce tab IMO AUFKLAERUNG yellow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast