Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Signing Off

Article about: I have not been active on the Forum for some time due to personal circumstances (not health), and I don't see this changing. My small collection wil be for sale at Bruce Hermann's site, Gren

Default Re: Signing Off

Life's everyday problems do intrude, and your role with us made such things less weighty and onerous.

It is the exceptional person here who makes things better, as opposed to its opposite, which has generally been the norm.

Bruce is an educated and civilized person, eager to learn more, and a collegial presence and without the vanity and peevish temperament that so afflicts these sites, and which, again and again, threatens to collapse things even here.

So his loss to us is especially painful, and the sale of his collection is also sad in a direct way.

Others will profit from the sale of his property, especially those with a keen eye for quality and good taste, but we will miss this person, to be sure.

Will those who acquire his property embrace this person's positive role in this place?

More important than the ownership of foetid woolens is the posture, character, and civil attitude that goes with them.

Just look at the things that go on daily on the other site to see ample proof of my point, and also notice how those from the other site seek without pause to pollute and infect this place with the numb "sculled" approach.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signing Off
    P
    Many

Frog, Bruce, I hope to see you back as well. I have been off the forum for a little while myself for personal reasons. The clouds are still hanging low over me as well but I hope to see you stop in now and again. You always have friends on here that would love to catch up.

Jeff

?

Klllroy was here!

Thanks, Jeff.

The response to my collection has been very strong, and I am grateful. Some good pals have bought items I know they were interrested in.

I must add that Bruce Hermann (Grenadier Military Antiques) has handled this collection most skillfully and fairly.

I will of course continue to check in.

Thanks to all -

Frog

Quote by Frog View Post
    Klllroy was here!

Thanks, Jeff.

The response to my collection has been very strong, and I am grateful. Some good pals have bought items I know they were interrested in.

I must add that Bruce Hermann (Grenadier Military Antiques) has handled this collection most skillfully and fairly.

I will of course continue to check in.

Thanks to all -

Frog
    Our very best to you and much good fortune in all that awaits you.

Like many of the fellows here I have never had the chance to make your acquaintance but my sincerest wishes to your and yours during whatever problems you may be facing. We all face issues now and then (I have health issues myself) but with time all wounds heal (at least 90% of them). Blessings to you and yours. And don't forget if your ever bored on a rainy day feel free to stop by and see us.

-M.M

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3