Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Silver Germanic Achievements Badge SS???

Article about: In case anyone is interested I will share a few images I have found and saved concerning this badge.

?

Default Re: Silver Germanic Achievements Badge SS???

Originals are very rare Nick !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Germanic Achievements Badge SS???
    P
    Many

?

nick, did robert lumsden{unsure if first name is correct} have a book with a real one in? im sure ive seen it on the computer somewhere on my travels ha,ha,george

?

Robin Lumsden , you are correct George one of his books does have a photo of the badge although i cannot comment on it's originality !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Below is a picture of a original one. If memory serves the back is blank with no markings. Not sure who the copyright belongs to but can remove if not ok with the owner.
    cheers
    Matt

In all the documents I have seen regarding this badge only one manufacturer is mentioned. It certainly isn't the name on the back of the RZM proofed example shown above.
    d'Alquen

The example I had years ago had 4 pins showing through the back to attach the runes portion to the badge body, but had no makers mark. Originals are quite rare today and always have been, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

See here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...fen-ss-229808/

The one owned by Robin is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Not an area I collect so know nothing about this badge.

I saw it for sale recently at an auction house here in the UK and was intrigued to find out more about it. I like the design.

I could only find another image on ioffer and the seller called it "Silver Germanic Achievements Badge SS"

What is the correct title for this badge and does anyone have any information on it or links they could share

Attachment 477889

Attachment 477890

Attachment 477891
    This is an older post,but I wrote an article after researching this very rare badge in "THE MILITARY TRADER"First of all there should be no markings i repeat no markings on this badge.As a non-Germanic badge any one OF THE the bronze pieces or the silver should be void of any marks spurious RZM mark or maker mark.Back in the late 60s and early 70s a firm named Delta-International sold these M/25 pieces for eight dollars.The other point on these repros is the pin and catch and the narrow cuts on the frame.Angolia had the repro in his early 1969 book on medals and badges and that's because very little was known at that time and the bad ones got into books as real!Hermann- Historica had one in a 2006 Auction that went for $7,300 and it was an original piece.Beware of these cretin dealers who say its real because it has a M/25 RZM or any other phony marking on the reverse as they are full of it!!

CBH
    ?

I thought it was interesting that in the movie " Inglorious Bastards " all the SS Baddies seemed to where this badge . It is a pretty badge .

Shows you what the people who were surposed to be in the know,are not!There are perhaps less than a half dozen known (original) Germanische Leistungrune der SS commonly known as the SS PROFICIENCY BADGE and given out at ceremonies by Himmler!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast