Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head

Article about: Found this on the internet..and wanted to share . Photo of Heinrich and Marga going to a wedding. I dont know if its the photos giving the impression of the small size..but this cap looks to

Default Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head

Found this on the internet..and wanted to share .
    Photo of Heinrich and Marga going to a wedding.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head

I dont know if its the photos giving the impression of the small size..but this cap looks to be the kind of what modern day small boat owners would wear.
    I am guessing by what I have learned by our teachers here that this photo may be dated about 1934-35.

Could Heinrich picked up the wrong cap off the wedding table on the way out the door?

From what I have also seen of Friedrich Bertolds collection ..this is an early crusher type..but for some reason..this one stands out a little and out of proportion of the RF SS head.

Is it this photo giving the wrong impression of the this small cap..or are there more of these types out there separate from what we seen of the early SS type Crusher cap.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head
    P
    Many

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headThis image is but one of many of Heini H with this sort of cap.

The cap cover on SS caps grew from 1932 until 1939.

Read Wim's book. He describes the process.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headOn the other hand, there did exist cap of an early date with a high crown, i.e. in 1933 or 1934.

I own one of these and I have shown it. The cap in the middle is from 1936/7. Thanks to Murray.

I thank Larry C. for his fine stewardship of our common work and for his aid in the elimination of the disturbances and disruptions to our inquiry.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headHere are two caps of close date to one another, maybe 1934 in the foreground and maybe the same or 1935 in the background.
    The front one has the earliest RZM tag, and the background example does not. It is unmarked, but has traits of very early caps.

You can easily see the variation.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headCertain of these caps have the field cap structure, whereas others do not.

The wire in the cap cover item came along in 1934. We included the orders for this change in one of the hundreds of threads on this topic.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headNeedless to say, one's cap should indicate that one is other than a newbie, and the battered cap is a custom or fashion of military life.

In the nimbus of command the badge of competence is very central to the soldierly imperative.

Such was not germane to the biography of Himmler, though he fostered a cult of seniority and elite aura which belies his actual capacity for command.

He was a frustrated soldier as a youth, and then, when he got the chance for real command, he failed utterly.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-06-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headRead his dorky letters to his disagreeable and long suffering, but equally bigoted wife, for what went on in his noggin--under the little cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.

And I'm sure that some may wonder what goes on in your noggin too. You arer being disrespectfull of the dead - a crime in todays Germany.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast