Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head

Article about: Found this on the internet..and wanted to share . Photo of Heinrich and Marga going to a wedding. I dont know if its the photos giving the impression of the small size..but this cap looks to

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headSkimpy SS cap or too small for his headAttachment 987116Skimpy SS cap or too small for his headHimmlers Hirn heisst Heydrich.

You see that Heydrich wore the Sonderanfertigung cap in the year 1937 or so.

One my enclosures is a standard officer's cap of early date, ca. 1933 or 1934.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-08-2016 at 09:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head
    P
    Many

It's my understanding that HH would put a hat on in the morning, and by the time he got home that night, his ego had caused his head to grow so much his hats were now too small. It would follow that he spent a lot of money on hats.

Quote by avenger View Post
    It's my understanding that HH would put a hat on in the morning, and by the time he got home that night, his ego had caused his head to grow so much his hats were now too small. It would follow that he spent a lot of money on hats.
    A useful theory. Thank you. I spend a lot of money on hats, truth be told. It is an illness.

Thankfully FB, your reasons for spending money on hats distinguish you far above the likes of Himmler. I had considered lacing this reply with some expletives, but unfortunately couldn't think of any foul enough for the man and had to settle for "the likes of" in refernce to him.

I am very interested in Himmler and all the SS people really. Such interest does not arise out of admiration or a desire to deify a man who was an extraordinary criminal. Our site is not a place to celebrate the character of SS men and to dignify mass murder as an achievement.
    Especially now, when the western democracies have or have not slid into a kind of crisis which, in his time, Himmler exploited to the detriment of so many.
    We should be aware that this material in the wrong hands is as much a weapon of "radicalization" as that connected with other forms of political violence, especially
    from the Middle East.

Our interest in the SS arises for a desire to understand organized political violence and mass murder as a political event.
    These demands under gird citizenship, especially now, when so many want to replace our constitutional order with the rule of brute force.
    This story is Himmler's story in another time. Himmler's achievement, such as it was, arose from an extraordinary acceleration of the violence inherent
    in the epoch of total war and in a Germany defeated in war, but intent on revenge and so forth. The SS is a compelling phenomenon for so many reasons.
    we examine these here, but under the guiding light of the imperative of human dignity.
    A certain kind of person is always drawn to death cult Kitsch, because such an attraction is inherent in bourgeois society when it becomes tired and worn out.
    This process operated in Himmler's biography. I imagine the same process operates in many who look here to find fetish objects.
    None of us is 100% free of this phenomenon, but our purpose here is understanding as part of our own freedom and liberty to examine these things in depth.
    In a totalitarian system, as wanted by Mr. Stinkfinger, none of us would have any freedom any longer, and with our vanished freedom would also go our lives.
    It is plain as punch.

Here here. Well said FB.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Here here. Well said FB.
    Thanks, friend, and all the best to you.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 986694Attachment 986695Attachment 986696Attachment 986697Attachment 986698Attachment 986699Attachment 986700Attachment 986701Attachment 986702Attachment 986703Attachment 986704Attachment 986705Attachment 986706Needless to say, one's cap should indicate that one is other than a newbie, and the battered cap is a custom or fashion of military life.

In the nimbus of command the badge of competence is very central to the soldierly imperative.

Such was not germane to the biography of Himmler, though he fostered a cult of seniority and elite aura which belies his actual capacity for command.

He was a frustrated soldier as a youth, and then, when he got the chance for real command, he failed utterly.
    Some of the caps in the photos do indeed appear worn in. The way the material holds its shape in the first, ninth and tenth photos makes me think Himmler is wearing a silk top cap. I can't say for certain, however, it does appear to take on a "deflated" appearance that many of the silk top caps display. I've been wrong before but it would seem to fit with his Samt und Seide vision for his SS.

Samt und Seide...

Skimpy SS cap or too small for his head

A repugnant little man who had far too easy an ending.

?

Mr. Berthold... Can I ask when you started collecting ?? My reason is that you must have had some foresight or perhaps a penchant for knowledge that was obscure or easier at the time to digest.. In the age of the "Internet" it is quite hard and unbelievable ( For some ) to have been so patient and it seems harder today then when one was so close to the past and the items were flowing.. I guess in a nutshell my question is this..
    How did you guys do it back then... No real communication ( as we know today )... and the fakes were probably not being produced as of yet.. But, please can you enlighten us as to your prowess... Many thanks in advance... Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I am late in seeing the earlier distractions from this thread but for future responses to invasions by trolls, I always liked this image from the man in black. Maybe Larry you can use this next time?
    Cheers, Dan
    ( now back to the subject in hand )

////////////////////// Thankyou Dan I have it \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-08-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast