Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

So my friend doesn't believe me....

Article about: A friend of mine in Germany just picked this SS cap up at auction and wanted to know if I was interested in trading for it. I told him I thought it was a new reproduction and I think he migh

Default So my friend doesn't believe me....

A friend of mine in Germany just picked this SS cap up at auction and wanted to know if I was interested in trading for it. I told him I thought it was a new reproduction and I think he might have been offended as he is not a collector of this sort of thing. So in fairness to him I wanted to post pictures of his hat here for you to comment on, reproduction or no? My question is any part of it real at all? In other words is the skull good? Any and all comments would be most welcome. He also wanted an opinion on value as it is but I don't have an answer for that, perhaps for a re-enactor? Of course if the skull would be good I'm guessing that would be worth something but I'm not holding my breath. Here are the pics....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture So my friend doesn't believe me....   So my friend doesn't believe me....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So my friend doesn't believe me....
    P
    Many

Default Re: So my friend doesn't believe me....

Looks to be 100% repro to me, just doesnt have the look that original period pieces do, sorry!

Thanks

Danny

?

I have to agree, this looks like a repro piece

Dolan

Contrast....

this site does have many images of authentic pieces. Please look for them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture So my friend doesn't believe me....   So my friend doesn't believe me....  

The main thing i see is the the skull is overlapping the white piping, and there is no way that would have been correct.

The enlisted/NCO black cap strap seems to have newer kind of rivet , and that would never have passed muster.

Brian

I agree with the others. If i saw this for sale at a show or anything i wouldn't have bought it.

?

looks to be a fake , skull is horrible. detail on the adler is lacking ,would avoid .cheers paul

Yeah, just noticed that the skull looks really strange.. i dont recall them looking like that