Article about: I eat them.

Default Re: some books I would like to share

I eat them.some books I would like to share

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some books I would like to share
    P
    Many

I realize there are more elegant and comprehensive ways of doing it, but I live in a small house and I spend my money on caps. If cellophane was good enough for Schikelgruber, then I make use of something similar. Surely the plastic wrecks the Cupal, but I do not breath on the cap badges.

Ok.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Ok.
    I am not sure whether your question was meant as a joke or as a serious inquiry. That's the thing about the internet, isn't? In any case, I keep all my woolen objects free of sunlight, dust, and insects of all kinds. I have collected for a long time, and live in dread of moths. And I do kill them with my own hands when I see them, and poison them chemically, too. I have a garage for my Mercedes Benz, too, come to think of it.

No, it was a very serious question, I am looking for ideas on how to keep my items protected for the long-run. You have to watch out for acid in products nowdays, and keeping them from light-moths-dust-and perhaps most of all thieves, and the ultimate-fire. Plus I am limited for space, so this makes things difficult. (Its been along day).

Thanks TK

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    No, it was a very serious question, I am looking for ideas on how to keep my items protected for the long-run. You have to watch out for acid in products nowdays, and keeping them from light-moths-dust-and perhaps most of all thieves, and the untimate-fire. Plus I am limited for space, so this makes things difficult.

Thanks TK
    Thanks. I am well aware of the chemical problem, but think that the dust and moths dangers outweigh the chemical issues with the cellophane stuff, but maybe I am in error. The thieves are another issue, as is fire and space, too. In fact, I have a large chunk of dough in this stuff and it is vulnerable to all the travail of the physical world. But life without it is bleak, too, that is, without some link to the past that has gravitas to it. Good luck with your collecting. I lived with this regalia for most of my life, and take great pains to care for it with regular airing, steaming, inspection, etc. There is likely a better medium to protect it than the plastic. I also change the bags frequently, in fact. But these things biodegrade just as I do.

some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share
    I too try to live in the past, 1937 Zenith shortwave radio, 1950's Zenith Transoceanic, and Halicrafters shortwave from the 60's just to mention some things in my life. And the safes to keep items safe.
    Thank you for all your help Friedrich-Berthold

TK

Thanks for the images. Very nice radio. My grand mother had a similar one. What an attractive and nice thing. Do contrast same to the electronic junk of today.
    I live with antiques. No steel and plastic high tech thingies for me, either. Thanks for the glimpse of your world.
    The aesthetics of the present say little to me, really.
    I guess it is a failing.some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share

I love the radio. It has been rebuilt. I listen to it every night, I listen to what stations there are still out there, as the internet has drowned most of them out. (Shortwave) that is. I don't like cell phones either, and alot of the new tech, that the world has to offer. All the radios have been rebuilt actually, but the Zenith console is the best sounding.

TK

My father was in radio here before the war, (1941...) and I love old radio programs, too. I loath cell phones, am sure they have ruined my health, and think the internet is a very mixed blessing. Radio was marvelous, especially radio drama and readings, which still exist in Austria and are a total pleasure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast