Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some good ASS portraits

Article about: by Robert H Ja das gute Bayern, for interest my named Standarte 31 Uniform and Visor was getting researched and I get all files over the next some weeks. Incl. with photos from the owner fro

Default Some good ASS portraits

This might be of interest:

Obersturmführer, RFS graduate:
    Photoausstellung Maurer

Oberscharführer, GPB holder. Notice his Sturm's honor cufftitle "1 Faust":
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer

As a matter of fact, the whole archive is well worth browsing through:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    A vast collection of photographs from the archives of a photo studio showing citizens of the Passau area. Most of them are civilian, but they include quite a few uniform shots. (Police, RAD, SA, Wehrmacht etc.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some good ASS portraits
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Some good ASS portraits

I thought i was clicking onto something else .....nice post anyway mate...

Donnie

I must admit I was a bit worried!

Excellent link

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by donnie View Post
    I thought i was clicking onto something else .....nice post anyway mate...

Donnie
    ahahahah me too !!
    Good links, thank you..

Oh, dear... I really should have spelled that out!

Just found something else of interest there. Unfortunately, the image is flipped:

Photoausstellung Maurer

What appears to be quite an ordinary photograph of a WSS enlisted man actually has one very interesting detail. If we look closely, we can tell he is wearing the sports badge of the Romanian Volksdeutsche on his pocket, an award extremely rarely seen in photographs. Alas, only the top edge of it is visible...

By the magic of photoshop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some good ASS portraits  

Simply marvelous material. I wish I owned the black uniforms, but, more important, is the reality of these peoples' lives. There are many more young men in traditional garb of bourgeois students than Nazis in full garb, in fact. That is striking, really.

Thanks so much for the useful, informative addition.

The Oberscharfuehrer with the honor cuff title forgot the read the regulations, in that the "Faust" title is apparently for the 4th Sturm, and not the 1st. This makes the image more remarkable, as plainly the secondary works are in error.

Sta. 31 "Niederbayern" was HQ'd in Landshut, but also in Regensburg and Dingolfing.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Sta. 31 "Niederbayern" was HQ'd in Landshut, but also in Regensburg and Dingolfing.
    This is one of the reasons why these particular images instantly caught my eye, Landshut being my hometown.
    By the way, as per an October 1937 SS address list, the address of the 31st Standarte's headquarters was at the Nahensteig 182, 2nd floor.
    Interestingly, our local address book informs us that in medievel times, that street was located in the Jewish quarter of town, which is why its name is name is actually derived from the Hebrew word nahar (= brook). One wonders how many Standarte members were aware of that particular bit of trivia...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This is one of the reasons why these particular images instantly caught my eye, Landshut being my hometown.
    By the way, as per an October 1937 SS address list, the address of the 31st Standarte's headquarters was at the Nahensteig 182, 2nd floor.
    Interestingly, our local address book informs us that in medievel times, that street was located in the Jewish quarter of town, which is why its name is name is actually derived from the Hebrew word nahar (= brook). One wonders how many Standarte members were aware of that particular bit of trivia...
    Thanks so much for the additional data. It may be that the SS took advantage of real estate that was..."aryanized," that is, that the owners were put to flight and their property seized by the state and then distributed to the party and its branches. Of course, the medieval Jewish quarter was ethnically cleansed at an earlier time of intolerance, which you can tell us.

All the same, the images of all these people are enormously compelling and evocative of the era. Thanks so much for adding them for us here. I appreciate it a lot.

How about this for a non regulation Waffen SS NCO's cap. Note the eagle, air vents, chinstrap and I think the band may not even be black?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some good ASS portraits  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast