Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??

Article about: Ok, i was offered all of these tunics, what do you all think of them, please let me know. thank you Brian

Default Re: Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??

Brian,

Save your money. I agree that the black SS tunic looks well cut, but it needs better inspection. All the other tunics and insignia are all fake. The eagles, collar tabs and cuff title are all fake. This person is either profoundly ignorant or a thief.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??
    P
    Many

?

It is critical, as you venture into this minefield, to buy the books FIRST and study the details. Hayes, Beaver, Mollo, Saris, Maguire, Lumsden - and on. Spend $500-1,000 up front, save thousands and thousands. Visit the websites of honest dealers (Shea, Herman, Whamond, Robert, v. Luckacs, Hannah and others) whose monthly offerings are available FREE for scrutiny!

There is no subsitute for experience.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    The person offering these is not your friend. Anyone who would purport these are original is a liar and a thief.

Bob Hritz
    AMEN!!! What do you really want to say here....don't beat around the bush, "Uncle" Bob! LOL

Cary

Just for the record, the tab on this tunic, IF ORIGINAL, I could not imagine the value. Only the likes of a few collectors even have one. I am a tab guy so forget the tunic, give me the tab!!

Bob- Just a guess, what would that tab be worth if it was to ever (NEVER) come out on the open market. My guess $8K to $10K?
    Attached Images Attached Images Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ?? 

I've tried to find tabs like that elsewhere on the net, only in pics, none I-offer,ebay, none on any of the reproduction sites, I was able to only find a couple pics of them on tunics in pics.

I was told if, it was real, that it was probably one of the first ones made, as they changed the skull to what we all know now.

He said that this was the Prussian type skulls they first started using.

That it could have been a real early Dachau tab.

But, i see what you guys are saying, and i thank you all for the expertise here.

Much appreciated.

I'll save my money for something else.

Brian

Quote by ILLUMINATI View Post
    Just for the record, the tab on this tunic, IF ORIGINAL, I could not imagine the value. Only the likes of a few collectors even have one. I am a tab guy so forget the tunic, give me the tab!!

Bob- Just a guess, what would that tab be worth if it was to ever (NEVER) come out on the open market. My guess $8K to $10K?
    It is not even close to an original in construction or size. I collect this pattern and am quite familiar with them. The attached photo is of a tunic dated 1934 and from the period when the black and aluminum piping was worn by ranks from scharfuhrer to hauptsturmfuhrer.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??  

WOW, Bob, that is really nice.

Brian

Yes, I agree, Bob is amazing....I mean the tunic he posted the picture of is amazing, sorry.

Its amazing that these Dachau tunics survived, and in such a beautiful shape, and condition..

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast