Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Article about: Thanks to my colleagues for the RZM tag survey. The problem with all of this is really quite simple. Most people have never handled real material, and in this instance, a goodly chunk of rea

Default Re: Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenDear Sir, I am not at all sure about pedigree, but there is some continuity here to be sure. For what little worth such might have in a world full of an absence of same.
    your, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen
    P
    Many

?

Many thanks for the images FB. Here's the tag from the 1978 catalogue. Definitely the style with the one ring around the runes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

?

Yesterday, I discovered a highly dubious tag in this brown cap posted in 2008. There was mention of a dodgy French dealer connection.
    SS-VT early side cap - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Yesterday, I discovered a highly dubious tag in this brown cap posted in 2008. There was mention of a dodgy French dealer connection.
    SS-VT early side cap - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    a hunk of junk.

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Many thanks for the images FB. Here's the tag from the 1978 catalogue. Definitely the style with the one ring around the runes.
    Yes. Such is further evidence to my contention that the originals of these were present in the biotope in my younger years, as well as those of other members here.

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenThe SSTV cap. I had one like this forty years ago..... f o r t y y e a r s a g o.

I think it is one of these in the Shea Beaver book, actually.

PS This cap is not my property, nor was it ever.....

According to Saris this style of cap was p h a s e d o u t in 1 9 3 6.

Mine was stamped VA 1936, though.......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenCompare the Hritz cap (left) and the one that was formerly mine. In any case, the piece has a fine home in an excellent collection.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-03-2012 at 11:32 PM.

All these images will accomplish is to improve fakes and snare the innocent in expensive traps.....

?

That's always the risk but hopefully they will also do some good.

Back around 1964, a collector friend of mine located a pysician who was a veteran and had shipped back an enormous amount of genuine SS material, much of which was unissued. Among his items were many black, gray and earth brown early overseas caps, still baled together. My friend had bought ten of each type and there were still around another fifty still with the veteran. Only the black caps had RZM tags. The gray and earth brown had an early form embroidered patch of a political eagle on the left side. At the time, we had no idea what the gray and brown caps were as collecting was still in it's infancy without good reference material. I bought five of each type for $3.00 each, sold off all but one of each style which I kept. The veteran had uniforms, hats and at least two SS flags complete with poles! He later moved from Illinois to New York where I heard years later a lucky chap bought the balance from his estate.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenThank you, Bob, a valuable story of merit. For many who read these lines the world of half century ago is too distant a time.
    For those of us who began to collect then, as did I, Bob Coleman's story rings quite true.
    This stuff was either considered junk or slightly above same, but surely not a thing of any great value at all.
    Little did any of us know how it would all coagulate in the decades of the new century.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-06-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast