Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)- Close to a deal - is it real?

Article about: Close to closing a deal on this....was hoping some of the experts can take a look and let me know asap if this is the real deal. THANKS!:

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)- Close to a deal - is it real?

Close to closing a deal on this....was hoping some of the experts can take a look and let me know asap if this is the real deal. THANKS!:

Last edited by rbminis; 04-05-2020 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)- Close to a deal - is it real?
    P
    Many

?

Far from an expert and not my field, just an observation.. The text doesn't look smooth and is a bit grainy, there seems to be something going on between the S and T as well, cast ?.. JMO..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)- Close to a deal - is it real?   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)- Close to a deal - is it real?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for your very quick response!!...Yes - I saw that anomaly between the S & T after posting and have queried the seller and waiting for a reply. If it is a cast/extraneous metal then that will obviously rule it out but it just might be a piece of debris.

It also appears the photos were taken with a flash close to the medal which may be lightening or exposing the "grain" of the lettering moreso than visible to the naked eye. I have compared it with zoomed/blown up images with known verified examples and it looks to match as far as all the edges, letter type, positioning, etc....if it is a fake, it must be a decent one (assuming that is not a casting error between S & T - I'd assume not because it would be hard to miss upon even rudimentary inspection).

The seller just got back to me - he advised it was a small piece of debris that apparently got itself stuck between the "S" & "T" - He sent a follow up image after he plucked it out:

In my opinion, I would pass on this one.
    Take a good look, and compare the text on the example in this thread.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    And this one.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw
    They are not rare, I would wait for a less questionable example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    In my opinion, I would pass on this one.
    Take a good look, and compare the text on the example in this thread.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    And this one.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw
    They are not rare, I would wait for a less questionable example.
    Ralph.
    In comparing further, I see what you are saying.....if one looks at the finer points of the lettering there are some differences....for instance in the "E" top and bottom horizontals on the verified one the line curves a bit when it goes out to the outer edge. Same with the "F" and inner rounded part of the "R" ( the bottom of the horizontal part is somewhat curved and rounded on the verified one but flatter and straighter on the example I provided).

EDIT: In looking at the 2 different ones you have linked to it seems that the one I have posted may match the lettering of the second linked one (Type II ??) down the page...now I'm totally confused.
    Last edited by bullettoothtony; 04-01-2020 at 05:56 AM.