Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....

Article about: Hello everyone, I purchased this 8yr looking service medal and ribbon bar. I scrolled the archives on both items, and im under the impression that these are reproductions. Main reason being:

Default SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....

Hello everyone,
    I purchased this 8yr looking service medal and ribbon bar. I scrolled the archives on both items, and im under the impression that these are reproductions. Main reason being: no bevel on the suspension ring, or very, very slight at best, seem for the ribbon ring, on the side instead of where it meets the suspension ring, and lastly, the thorns on the wreath, are too defined and sharp. Please let me know if I am right in these assumptions? As far as the ribbon bar, these are just not common, and are more fakes then not, can anybody help me with this? Thanks everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....   SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....
    P
    Many

The jump ring on the medal should not be made from round wire, from what little I know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The ribbon on the medal is a period original. But it is worth noting that this is no guarantee the medal itself is original. Long service medals for the civil service, police and Wehrmacht all use the same style of ribbon, and one could easily be threaded through the loop of a fake award to increase it's provenance.

I cannot comment on the medal itself or the ribbon bar. Again, long service awards for multiple branches used the same colour of ribbon on the bar, with metal devices being used to differentiate between the various awards. It all comes down to whether the runes device is legitimate, and I do not know enough about SS stuff to make that call, unfortunately.

Regards, B.B.

raz
    ?

Not a good one IMO . Here is mine to compare .

SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....SS 8yr long service medal and ribbon bar....