Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

Article about: Hello, This tunic belongs to a friend of mine and he and i would be really interested in hearing your thoughts. It has been posted over at the WAF a while ago but i think only the collars wh

Default SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

Hello,

This tunic belongs to a friend of mine and he and i would be really interested in hearing your thoughts. It has been posted over at the WAF a while ago but i think only the collars where discussed. Anyway i'm posting it here to cause the owner wants to find out if the whole tunic could be real, so i'm posting it for the owner.

He told me the tunic was supposedly very early, the board button is attached with a screw button. The agulette is attached with a small button under the board. Owner bought it in a lot with around 50 other items, and everything else was original.

In my opinion the tunic is bogus, 70s faked collar tabs and fake "SS Hauptamt title". I do not know about the agulette or the board but the armband is original.

Best Wishes,

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allg Oberführer Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

?

The shoulder cord isn't supposed to have any pips on it. The collar tabs are fake: the oak leaf pattern is wrong, and they are supposed to be velvet, not woolen. The tunic itself is post-war (note the absence of the "Wiener Naht" and the two buttons on the back).
    Last edited by Walter; 04-09-2010 at 12:30 PM.

I would agree with that statement, the wool looks to be the wrong weave, and I don't care for the workmanship of the collar tabs (or lack of it)

FB's your main man. I'm sure he will post if he see's this. You might be lucky and catch Peter too

2 of the most knowledgeable people there are, and we're lucky to have them on this forum

Yes, i would agree, the cut on the back is wrong, its missing the rear belt ramps, and it seems like the collar for the tabs is wrong also, it doesnt seem squared off for proper collar tab placement.

And the pip on the shoulder board is wrong...

?

Agreed; the collar tabs are dead wrong and a giveaway to the rest of this monster.

Hi Jon.., this is an original shoulder board for an OBERFUHRER to Oberstgruppenfuhrer SS Allg Oberführer Tunic SS Allg Oberführer Tunic
    Next pic is the collar insignia. SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

This shoulder board is for a Standartenführer SS Allg Oberführer Tunic
    This is an original collar tab for a Standartenfurher SS Allg Oberführer Tunic

This tunic is likely a Dr. Breuer stinker from the 1960s.