Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS allgemeine officer visor

Article about: Incredible t! where did you get these , my mother was making hats in the 50's and I know very well these tools. Notton

Default Re: SS allgemeine officer visor

the skull from the cap is the unmarked skull that I discussed in this thread..

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...s-skull-10521/

the eagle is a nice Wagner, do you have back pics from the insignia?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS allgemeine officer  visor
    P
    Many

?

For Carisson 1982
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor   SS allgemeine officer  visor  

SS allgemeine officer  visor  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more data for comparisons. This cap has an alu. Totenschaedel and a Cupal eagle, I think. This cap has a 4.5 cm cap band, though certain others do not. Notice also the location of the Hohetiszeichen versus the piece at the lead of this file.

I would not describe the piece I attach here as "text book," since I abhor this idea, but this cap here is typical of many and also typical of what has made its way into the colored picture books for better or worse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor  

This is the exact reason i hate fakes , not only can they burn the hands of those that purchase them but also put into question that a perfectly origional item can be mistaken for a fake.... it worrys me how many origional items are out there but only recognised as fakes because they dont sit quiet right with the "norm" examples, after all there was a war and often quality is down graded for quantity......
    just my thoughts......

I have found that material quality may have suffered, although the quality of the workmanship was consistantly high to the end of the war.

Bbo Hritz

Other images of tangential interest. The cap on the left is a Sonderanfertigung with a trikot cap cover and the one on the left is a Mueller with the doe skin or Melton cap cover of later make. The cap on the left is from about 1935 while the right hand one is from 1938.

As concerns fakes, the collateral damage of paranoia fostered by websites and the self proclaimed expertise of some pundits has also damaged authentic material that diverges from "text book" to the tendency to dogma and doctrine. That is, while there is much to be learned from some on certain sites, there is also a lot of misinformation and half information that aids the formation of anachronism and half truths.

Never make fun of the past and same is not to be reached by a list on a wallet card.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS allgemeine officer  visor 

This is not a "textbook," but it is all the more informative.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor  

?

Thank ou very much everybody for your involve in my problem of purchasing or not this cap.Although I feel a little confused at this state of the deal. My question would be now . Would you buy this cap for 2000 euros?
    Thank you again.
    Cheers;
    Notton

If only the hands that operated these objects could talk.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor   SS allgemeine officer  visor  

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank ou very much everybody for your involve in my problem of purchasing or not this cap.Although I feel a little confused at this state of the deal. My question would be now . Would you buy this cap for 2000 euros?
    Thank you again.
    Cheers;
    Notton
    No, I would not. There are a couple of authentic black SS officer caps for sale in the range of 12 to 13 thousand dollars US, though they have been on the site for more than two years and likely could be had for less.

However, I would not gainsay the chance to find a real cap for less, but such is not terribly likely, especially in Europe.

Happy headwear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast