Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Allgemeine Tab question

Article about: Hello What is the secret on the SS-Allg tabs without the typical siver or silver/black piping On which tunics where this tabs worn or are this tabs just unfinished ? Here is an example i hav

Default Re: SS-Allgemeine Tab question

Quote by Ostmark View Post
    Thanks for your help gentlemen , i try to get this tab

Br Herbert
    Yes, you should, indeed. If you are in Austria, you are not likely to find it locally with any ease.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Allgemeine Tab question
    P
    Many

?

This is the only pic of the Standarte 89 i have seen so far from a private source. Its from the family
    of one of my ex colleagues
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Allgemeine Tab question  

Thanks for your help gentlemen , i try to get this tab

Br Herbert
    Grüß Gott, Herbert . . . you are collecting SS now? That is a very nice looking tab! On my next visit, I may have to bring you something special . . . hope all is well - take care. B

SS-Allgemeine Tab questionSS-Allgemeine Tab questionHere is a cuff title on a tunic and the SS man (Holzweber) executed along with many in the Dollfuss event of July 1934. The tunic is not mine, by the way. Read the book on the origins of the SS in Vienna on this score. A very compelling story and the details of which I had not known in detail.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-25-2012 at 09:29 PM.

?

This tunic is a killer, never seen a cufftitle "Holzweber" in my whole collecting live. When i am finished with the restoration
    my tunic will look like the tunic you posted, without cufftitle ;-)
    I will buy the book you mentioned, maybe Mr. Stöhr (Bookseller in Vienna) has this book for sale

Thanks for your help and for your additional pics

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Grüß Gott, Herbert . . . you are collecting SS now? That is a very nice looking tab! On my next visit, I may have to bring you something special . . . hope all is well - take care. B
    Hello

Nice to hear again from you, well i have got a cheap SS VT tunic, now i am in the need to get correct insignia for it.
    Ofcourse the insignia must reflect an austrian Standarte, and there is no better forum to get all the infos you need
    as a greenhorn in SS regalia so to say.

It would be nice if we could meet the next time when you are coming over the big sea.
    And yes bring some specials its highly appreciated :-)))

Grüsse Herbert

This tunic is a killer, never seen a cufftitle "Holzweber" in my whole collecting live. When i am finished with the restoration
    I will buy the book you mentioned, maybe Mr. Stöhr (Bookseller in Vienna) has this book for sale

Morawa in the Wollzeile should have this book, as likely does Thalia either near Wien Mitte or in the Mariahilferstrasse.

Viel Glueck. I do have an Austrian tunic, for an officer in the 90 Standarte, but without the "Kutschera" cuff title which was instituted much later.
    I have been chasing a black tunic with the Edelweiss on the collar and an SS Sammelstelle cuff title since 1999, but with little success.
    I also have a tunic from the Egerland, Saaz, which is Bohemia, of course, which is sort of in the neighborhood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2