Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS armband good or fake?

Article about: I would like to get some opinions on this SS armband. Thanks for the help

Default Re: SS armband good or fake?

SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Ahh...such a calming influence your collage of foetid woolens has on me!
    On me, too, truth be told. I always find orphaned insignia somehow disconcerting. Thanks to Adrian that I can make my little works of art here, even if they cause nausea in at least one fellow, who is distraught at the sight of real SS regalia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband good or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    And instantly sold on the WAF within 2 hours of this posting! Gotta love these guys who use a collectors forum as a free valuation and validation service...grrr.
    Well, a $350 armband went for $165, so you get what you pay for(or don't in this case).

I wish I had such expert advice and generous support in crucial matters when I was but a tyke embarking on this twisted path, of that you can be certain. The un used armbands with the paper tag cost all of fifteen dollars when I started, if that.....so there.

I am a newbie and I am very happy to have your help! Until I have one of everything from Germany WW2 I will not be an expert on any one item or maybe never will be. But I owe my entire collection to the good people on this forum. I never ask about price ( which is what someone is willing to pay for something they really value), just authenticity. I am learning and have bought a few things on my own from collectors here without validation....I am weaning myself from posting everything I buy on here! Or I am just broke..........which is also the case. LOL.

SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    I am a newbie and I am very happy to have your help! Until I have one of everything from Germany WW2 I will not be an expert on any one item or maybe never will be. But I owe my entire collection to the good people on this forum. I never ask about price ( which is what someone is willing to pay for something they really value), just authenticity. I am learning and have bought a few things on my own from collectors here without validation....I am weaning myself from posting everything I buy on here! Or I am just broke..........which is also the case. LOL.
    Good luck and I am broke, too. This site is invested of a fairly generous spirit versus the other one. Many of us have some experience with these things, and share same for the better of all. If I really minded sharing my knowledge, I would not do it. The surest way to secure what you need here is to say thank you, and to be generous yourself in your demeanor. Such generally obtains here. Truth be told, I have no idea what these brassards sell for nowadays. Bob Coleman is much closer to things than am I. I just look at the ones on my tunics.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-22-2012 at 01:15 AM.

?

From your collages of images I think you are an artist dressed in a collectors mantle FB.

SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?
    Quote by SteveR View Post
    From your collages of images I think you are an artist dressed in a collectors mantle FB.
    Thank you. The aesthetics of the thing appeal to me, and the images can add a note of irony, or emphasis. When I was a child, it was Hugo Jaeger's color images of Schickelgruber that got me, exactly fifty two years ago..... the aesthetics of power and terror are fairly riveting, actually, when you deepen yourself in it, as I have.

?

so no one knows if the stitching through the swaz. showing on the inside of the band, is acceptable as just a sewing vareation ?
    andrew

SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?SS armband good or fake?
    Quote by Andrew View Post
    so no one knows if the stitching through the swaz. showing on the inside of the band, is acceptable as just a sewing vareation ?
    andrew
    The piece diverges from the norm, but otherwise seems alright. Truth be told, in my case, I do not pry my uniforms apart to examine these. SS brassards are not especially rare in the greater scheme of things. While the fakes are surely better, and there existed a species of fakes in the late 1960s that was quite good, a determined collector can easily find a real example at the leading websites. Happy Spiegeltuch......

This mania for standardization that obtains today baffles me, really. Standardization according to Frederick Taylor will not get one off the horns of the dilemma to determine authentic versus fake Nazi militaria.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2