Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Armband good one or fake

Article about: Hi guys, can you help me with this Waffen SS Armband. Is it a good one or fake? The price of 150 pound makes me very suspiciously because normally it costs much more.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Sorry I missed the chance to say hello FB! Hope you have been well. I have been, like yourself, concerned with events in the non digital realm and not on the web world much. If you ever return, I have some questions regarding the Bundeswehr perhaps you could entertain. Stay well, enjoy life and take good care of my favorite table/display stand!
    Dear Friend, thanks. If you post something on the Bundeswehr, I will try to answer it. I am not coming back to the role of regalia hysteric, since my friend's death
    (among several sudden and needless deaths in 2018) made clear to me that what little life I still have is not meant to deal with the paranoia of certain collectors
    and the incapacity of others with maximum entitlement to demand prices for fake regalia and so on. If you want to collect this regalia, then do it the 20th century way.
    I never in my own mind could successfully fashion a method to take the beginner here to some higher plain, other than with a five hour a day coaching regime which got to me.
    Hunching over a screen for a decade (trying to adhere to Adrian's commendable regime of self restraint) while the uneven geometry of deportment always was to my detriment. It was also to the harm of David Delich among others, who also gave so much and got basically nothing back.
    Now poor Bob Coleman is dead. He never did stint with a gentleman's answer to the the ignorance of others, and the many hyenas and other miscreants only took from him. One has to say that, what with the climate
    in this world of generalized fakery, the polite desire patiently to unravel the riddles of the past is an absurdity in
    the face of survival. I have been descending from the hierarchy of being able to fashion a life of polite inquiry spent in ivy covered halls to the harried search for shelter and nutrition in the post attack environment of my youth's nightmare.

My aunt's tables get polished with very nice antique furniture polish, but no longer must endure the infamy of being the scene of totalitarian headdress.

Instead, I have been traveling for work and the work is awfully difficult.

Part of the reason it is so difficult arises from the blindness and dogmatism verging into violence as
    I found in social media among many who tossed up here and on the other sites where Adrian and Bob worked together so well. Les Enrages took out their resentments and groundless frustration
    on the stalwarts, and I was not able to respond as they deserved. Bob Coleman bore much of the burden,
    and now he is in heaven. May he have rest and serenity there, and may those who helped to ruin things
    with their runes reflect for a moment on what they accomplished.

SS Armband good one or fakeSS Armband good one or fakeSS Armband good one or fakeSS Armband good one or fake
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-05-2018 at 03:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband good one or fake
    P
    Many

Good to see you posting again in any capacity, FB. The forum feels a good deal emptier without your highly apt musings.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Good to see you posting again in any capacity, FB. The forum feels a good deal emptier without your highly apt musings.

Regards, B.B.
    Thank you. My musings are devoted to this:

YouTube

It means I cannot do this anymore, but I wish you all the best.

Is this your future? Think about it.SS Armband good one or fakeSS Armband good one or fakeSS Armband good one or fake

CBH
    ?

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing.

Quote by CBH View Post
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing.
    gut so, but in Hungarian.

YouTube

I do feel as if the world situation today is falling to pieces, and we are once more hurtling towards something, although I cannot say what the future holds. There is one quote that I heard a long time ago, and that has stuck with me. It rings out with even more prominence and significance today:

'We learn from history that we do not learn from history.'

Throughout the course of human history, there have been long periods of building tensions, a 'climax' in the form of a conflict, and then a period of peace. The cycle then repeats itself. It has been that way for as long as human beings have existed, and I do not expect it will change within my lifetime. The human condition is very much like a hamster wheel; running forever in the same direction, and eventually coming round to the same place.

I know this may be somewhat off topic for this thread - heavily off topic, in fact - but I do gain some enjoyment, and a great deal of trepidation, from sitting back and thinking about what I will see within my lifetime.

It is best to remain optimistic, but history tends to advise the opposite.

Regards, B.B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3