Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss armband/pennants

Article about: Picture 1 is printed cotton and pic 2 is of wool. So it is not a picture of just one armband. Eric

?

Default Re: Ss armband/pennants

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Picture 1 is printed cotton and pic 2 is of wool. So it is not a picture of just one armband.

Eric
    ok, thanks to all...so much fun....no malice intended...but this quote says<> ''bronk=liar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss armband/pennants
    P
    Many

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    I see what you are saying Jerry good eye.
    Agreed, the differing photo quality really threw me off! Hope you can get better photos of the fron either way, Bronk. Would be nice to see a few sharp pics of it, disregarding the misinterpretation of photos!

Quote by bronk View Post
    ok, thanks to all...so much fun....no malice intended...but this quote says<> ''bronk=liar
    I was not even thinking that bronk. But as many of us here have more than one armband I thought you could have accidently uploaded the wrong image pic that went with it, as I have even done before is all.
    But as said a camera can make a difference I agree.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The wool armband with the paper SS RZM tag is correct. It is not a SS pattern armband as it lacks the top and bottom black trim. It has been incorrectly identified as a SS overcoat armband. The true documented purpose of these form armbands is still unkown. What is known as they were available from the early days evidenced of examples found with the early cloth SS RZM tag. The majority of the later types with the paper RZM tag are usually unissued. I have always believed that these were issued to SS auxillaries for wear at SS events. The SS RZM tag indicates that the item was destined for some usage by the SS. Attached are pictures of an earlier piece with a 1936 dated cloth tag.

Ss armband/pennantsSs armband/pennants
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

roger that...ty ...hey, I've never been on a forum with friends and foe....makes it more exciting......

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The wool armband with the paper SS RZM tag is correct. It is not a SS pattern armband as it lacks the top and bottom black trim. It has been incorrectly identified as a SS overcoat armband. The true documented purpose of these form armbands is still unkown. What is known as they were available from the early days evidenced of examples found with the early cloth SS RZM tag. The majority of the later types with the paper RZM tag are usually unissued. I have always believed that these were issued to SS auxillaries for wear at SS events. The SS RZM tag indicates that the item was destined for some usage by the SS. Attached are pictures of an earlier piece with a 1936 dated cloth tag.

Ss armband/pennantsSs armband/pennants
    this is exactly what I'm looking for....very good..much appreciated

No foes here. Maybe, at times, a difference of opinion. We like to keep this a friendly place for people to learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    No foes here. Maybe, at times, a difference of opinion. We like to keep this a friendly place for people to learn.
    Well said.

Bronk, Laddie....take a deep breath, relax and let's see if we can figure out what all you've got here. First of all, could you take a couple of Good Closeups of each side of the Knight's Cross? The same too for the silver Eagle clasp? That should be a pretty good start. They are, afterall, your best pieces and most valuable, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    The picture with the SS tag looks like the armband is made of wool.. And the picture with the full shot of the nsdap armband looks like its made of cotton? Do you have two armbands?
    no, I have some pennants, but I just checked the ser # again...camera different..will post better pics in future..ty for reply

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast