Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Armband for Review

Article about: Hello I would like some opinions on the SS Armband. Thank you in advance for any info. Raymond

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi guys, very interesting thread, indeed a good copy, more than ever, these have to go through the forum, would not like to spend 400 or even more on a fake one, a dealer I normally buy from sells this one and I believe it s ok
    From the one and only image you offer, I do not think it is genuine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband for Review
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As to the armband that started this thread, the dealer you bought this piece from is a reputable source. This shows that anyone can be fooled if not up to date on the latest fakes. I am sure he will offer you a refund.
    I second the above. The person is a fine man with excellent things of the highest quality. The items I bought from him were of very high quality, and I look at his material all the time. The very best dealers can make errors, and our site does not embrace the pillory dealers pastime that is the norm elsewhere.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    I believe it s ok
    It might be or it might not. As FB states, much better and closeup images are required. From your one picture I cannot really see the roundel material clearly. It could be my eyes (and probably is) but still the detailed analysis is required.

Good luck to you if you can find a nice and genuine example for $400...I think $600 or thereabouts is the 'norm' these days.

SS Armband for ReviewSS Armband for Review
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    It might be or it might not. As FB states, much better and closeup images are required. From your one picture I cannot really see the roundel material clearly. It could be my eyes (and probably is) but still the detailed analysis is required.

Good luck to you if you can find a nice and genuine example for $400...I think $600 or thereabouts is the 'norm' these days.
    Donnerwetter!

These things are inflated in price, just like the cap badges.

Oh well.

I have said all the constructive things I can say at this point.

Apropos of SS regalia, and the need to spend freely over the holidays, Jenkins will have this here item for sale.

Smash your piggy bank, and come on down, for you won't see another for sale in a great while.

- - ------- - -

The cap is made of silken textile. It would rival the clothing of Hugh Hefner for its malicious animal magnetism.

Sorry Bob, I enclose the rest of the pictures
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    From the one and only image you offer, I do not think it is genuine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband for Review   SS Armband for Review  

SS Armband for Review  

Ok first of all I never said anything that I did not believe. I have heard and asked Bob Coleman before about a few items and I do not expect him to remember. In every post I have said thank you or thank you in advance and FB there is mo reason at all to address me the way you did. I am well of aware of fakes in every aspect of collecting militaria and countless other objects. I truly appreciate everyones comments. Also I never once said I bought the armband as I have not that is why I was asking for opinions.
    I have a friend who has been collecting German Militaria since the late 60's but he is no expert on any one subject.

Once again Thank you
    Last edited by Raymond270; 12-07-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Hi Raymond, yes the Champagne decal will ruffle some feathers. We have a thread about them. I never believed in them from the begining and always had some reservations about them.

Good luck with your collecting. My advice to all is always post on the forum first before buying and I am glad you are following that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

"...non se·qui·tur..."

Kindly explain to me what this armband has to do with controversies about SS helmets?

Moreover, the original poster has received rather more expert attention on this site than elsewhere with his query.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-06-2015 at 11:47 PM.

These brassards are not especially rare, but they are frequently faked and some collectors want these items almost as much as they desire the cap badges,
    another fata morgana in our often over extended attempt to offer mutual aid to certain persons.

The cap badges usually lead to the most fruitless threads, but the arm band is a close second, or it is the grey tunic?

Perhaps we need a thread on which SS item is most prone to spoil a thread?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast