Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Article about: Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words". Best Regards, Ed

ETF
    ?

Thanks Bob...looks like I've got some follow up work to do with this one.
    Best Regards,
    Ed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Another test...what does it smell like?

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Another test...what does it smell like?
    Does it smell more like cologne or Cologne?

I have seen the "38/38" tag on shoulder boards on black uniform, otherwise, as Bob says, in the course of 1938 the black woven tags gave way to the paper ones.

Do let me say that some of the opinions from the Katzenjammer Kids websites are disinformation, misinformation, and balderdash. I could think of some other words, in fact.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Does it smell more like cologne or Cologne?
    But smell of old textiles is vital, as are the dye stuffs in this bright orange red textile. It smells a certain way.
    I always smell everything, and it may offend you, but it is a sign of a knowing collector.
    Why did the Lord God give us a nose, or not, I ask?

Foetidness is hard to fake and it is a sign of authenticity.

Fake foetidness is a theme in itself, as Dr. Breuer knew with his magic mixture of Bavarian urine, cigar ash and bee's wax. Did he patent it?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    But smell of old textiles is vital, as are the dye stuffs in this bright orange red textile. It smells a certain way.
    I always smell everything, and it may offend you, but it is a sign of a knowing collector.
    Why did the Lord God give us a nose, or not, I ask?
    I smell things as well, especially old paper and textiles. I'm very well accustomed to the smell of old material.

ETF
    ?

F-B, Thank you for your input and very useful information. I know experienced collectors who use their sense of smell to help identify the authenticity of an item...especially cloth and leather. So sniffing an item does not offend me in the least. I need to get into the habit of doing it more often as well. I just took several good sniffs of the kampfbinde in different places including making it into a cup shape to cover my nose. I can't say I really smell anything...it's almost odorless. There is a very faint odor...very, very faint but I can't really figure out what it is. When my wife gets home from work today I'll have her give it the smell test. Her sense of smell is much better than mine. I'll post what she says later this evening.
    Best Regards,
    Ed

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Pleaseit is foetid.

ETF
    ?

F-b...outstanding!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast