Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Article about: Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words". Best Regards, Ed

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    Quote by ETF View Post
    F-b...outstanding!
    If you like that, these are foetid, too. They all are......

Do you know something that is seventy five years old, that is more or less organic (woolen?) and smells sweet and fresh?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    P
    Many

In the vein of Proust, I can see and smell a cotton NSDAP arm band among the first clump of this stuff I saw in 1961, and it had a biting, acrid odor from the dye that I will always recall, and it always summons me back to that electric, profound and deep moment that as an eight year old I saw the first Nazi regalia brought home by a friend's father from the recent war. Not for nothing on my way from Kaiserslautern to Heidelberg, a trip I once made frequently, I could imbibe the odor of the BASF plant. Odor and memory are on a close axis.

ETF
    ?

Hello F-B,
    I had my wife take several good sniffs of the kampfbinde. She could not smell anything either....it has no odor or smell. It's scent is "neutral or non-existent" for lack of better words. Is that a good sign or not?
    By the way, I lived near Kaiserslautern for 3 years when I graduated from college in the early 70's. My wife and I visited Germany last year...berlin, Nuremburg and Munich. We had a fabulous trip. We love Germany.
    Fabulous SS collection you have there.
    Best Regards,
    Ed
    Last edited by ETF; 05-02-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Thank you.

?

this armband is very convincing at first glance, if fake. The bright red/orange color is what is striking to me. I did however, notice the ribbing was a bit wide on the white disc, though.

Here is my SS armband, an early unissued example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please 
    Last edited by Dean; 05-02-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Quote by Dean View Post
    this armband is very convincing at first glance, if fake. The bright red/orange color is what is striking to me. I did however, notice the ribbing was a bit wide on the white disc, though.

Here is my SS armband, an early unissued example.
    I agree that it is very well made. When you consider the cost of producing such a piece as to what they sell for, the effort is well worth improving the product. The forums have been a guide to these fakers as how to improve their product. If this had a paper D code RZM tag, it would likely passed muster just from the pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I trust Bob Coleman's view.
    I do have a real cloth tags with a 38 date on a tunic shoulder boards. I do not have an image of it.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I trust Bob Coleman's view.
    I do have a real "38/38" tag on a tunic shoulder board. I do not have an image of it.
    Thank you sir for the confidence you place in my opinion. I will strive to always earn your respect.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Yes Mr. Coleman and FB, I agree.

My example is unissued and marked 61/36. The smell is definitely foeted . I have never seen the 38/38 marks before, but i am not a seasoned collector as you guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please 
    Last edited by Dean; 05-02-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Thank you sir for the confidence you place in my opinion. I will strive to always earn your respect.
    Thank you, Bob, and all the best for your fine work to the benefit of this site.

The final verdict on SS regalia must always be in real life, with eyes, nose, throat and gut.

I trust your experience and opinion unswervingly.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast