Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Article about: Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words". Best Regards, Ed

ETF
    ?

Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words".
    Best Regards,
    Ed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ETF View Post
    Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words".
    Best Regards,
    Ed
    My pleasure to add where I can. Do take a close look at the shot of the ribbon bordering the Kampfbinde, there is something to learn there as well. I hope that my misfortune in collecting will aid in benefiting others. More than likely, it will improve the next generation of forgeries.

Best,

CMH

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseYou are right that in this connection--the black ribbon on the edges--the fakers have missed out.

And now they know exactly the flaws they have made.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-03-2014 at 05:28 AM.

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseI guess another criterion of authenticity is the patina on the white satin oval piece. This usually shows some signs of age; in some cases, such is extreme and in other cases, it is slight.

You can see from the examples we have included. In some cases, the white stain falls apart, of course.

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseIn real life, the flaws magnified by these digital images strike me as less remarkable; that is, when you look at them with the naked eye, some of these details are far less noticeable.

And, with the march of time, now that these things are eighty or so years old, who can wonder that they show age?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseSS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions PleaseI guess another criterion of authenticity is the patina on the white satin oval piece. This usually shows some signs of age; in some cases, such is extreme and in other cases, it is slight.

You can see from the examples we have included. In some cases, the white stain falls apart, of course.
    Well said. The patina is one of the defining criteria I now seek on any form of insignia. Thank you for your kind help in all of this.

My best to you, FB.

And to the Gauner who hopes to profit from the lesson here, to you, a big raspberry.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Well said. The patina is one of the defining criteria I now seek on any form of insignia. Thank you for your kind help in all of this.

My best to you, FB.

And to the Gauner who hopes to profit from the lesson here, to you, a big raspberry.
    Thanks, may your search be crowned with pleasing patina and may all Gauner on all continents suffocate in their own wretchedness.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-03-2014 at 05:29 AM.

?

Maybe im learning after all. If i did get it correctly, the fake ones have black ribbon in the edges little bit rough "dont know if this is the right word" ? And the sewing is different.
    The swastika is better made,straight lines and the swastika surface,in pictures looks more smoother? I mean Dr.CMH and Friedrich-Bertholds posted picture were was 2 armbands. Am i right? Or not

-Niko

?

Quote by Niko View Post
    Maybe im learning after all. If i did get it correctly, the fake ones have black ribbon in the edges little bit rough "dont know if this is the right word" ? And the sewing is different.
    The swastika is better made,straight lines and the swastika surface,in pictures looks more smoother? I mean Dr.CMH and Friedrich-Bertholds posted picture were was 2 armbands. Am i right? Or not

-Niko
    You are heading in the right direction. Compare the materials used in construction of a known original to any piece you are attempting to authenticate. The materials used during the epoch are not all readily available now. Use this, along with your knowledge of the manner of construction of the item, to protect yourself from those attempting to deceive you.

And don’t forget, these things weren’t made yesterday. Even under optimal storage, the authentic piece will show some signs of age.

I would tend to disagree that all have a patina?

I have quite a few pieces of ss cloth that do not really show age--but then again black wool doesn't stain like white piping on visors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast