Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS armband with tag

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Attachment 569019Yes, I agree with Mr. Mint, as well, though the organization and the wearer bulk as large in my view as the cap maker. The other website has some jealo

....quite possibly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband with tag
    P
    Many

Here's what a person on the other site has to say about all of this.

"..... You are right to say that, "is out of their senses", that is the truth about material possession. It really doesn't bring happiness i.e. people who collect this often have an unhappy spouse or become so obsessed they chain smoke drink and shake when you talk to them you can feel the tension and stress...but if that is the price you're willing to pay, go for it, it will still be here after your demise from one the diseases linked to that tension and stress.....look at a few of our friends who have passed...a wealth of collection but their bodies left to diseases..."

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here's what a person on the other site has to say about all of this.

"..... You are right to say that, "is out of their senses", that is the truth about material possession. It really doesn't bring happiness i.e. people who collect this often have an unhappy spouse or become so obsessed they chain smoke drink and shake when you talk to them you can feel the tension and stress...but if that is the price you're willing to pay, go for it, it will still be here after your demise from one the diseases linked to that tension and stress.....look at a few of our friends who have passed...a wealth of collection but their bodies left to diseases..."
    From who is this comment?

Quote by General View Post
    From who is this comment?
    In my opinion, the text of the quote is far more important than whoever said this.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I've been collecting for years, and I don't have the shakes.
    Is there something wrong with me.........? ? ?
    Regards,

Steve.

SS armband with tagSS armband with tagSS armband with tagThere may be some generalized merit in an ascetic life, in endless good health through diet and exercise, and in the avoidance of some or all of the seven deadly sins.
    I especially identified with the piece about shaking, as a matter of fact.
    and, as a matter of record, my dear wife just bought a book with her own dough on "Hitler's Charisma."

I say: to each, his own.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-14-2013 at 09:13 PM.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    In my opinion, the text of the quote is far more important than whoever said this.
    Agree, In the end it is all just stuff....although very cool stuff to us collectors, but just stuff all the same. During different life phases and experiences, the importance of this acquired stuff ebbs and flows, and in the end we are only renting it as temporary custodians.

When our passion for this hobby runs hot in our veins, we view ourselves as guardians of history and feel the need to preserve it. When challenged by serious illness, death, or other life changing challenges we see it as merely stuff and prioritize as necessary. None of this stuff is worth making yourself ill over, but I'm sure we've all experience the "sickness" of collecting at one time or another and understand the collecting illness. When you forsake those around you and isolate yourself and become obsessed with only on one thing, it is most definitely a sickness.
    Regards,
    John

..do let me say that, though I may shake, I neither chain smoke nor drink.
    What goes unmentioned above, though, is the word "foetid," which says a great deal to me, at least, and might be thrown into the balance about vice and virtue and the dust and ashes bit, here.....

?

I rather like our own Stonemint's thoughts on the subject:

"I have to disagree. Visor caps of the Third Reich were the apotheosis of headgear, any country, any era. Each cap was individually hand-made by a Master Muetzenmacher, a status which was the result of many years of training--the standard guild steps of apprentice/journeyman/master.

It is an art form, but a lost one--the visors today are cheap vinyl/plastic/polyester/foam rubber monstrosities that are predominantly made in the Far East (and by machine for the most part). Same is true with insignia--I despise sta-brite. & yes, they were mass produced, but even so, the quality of construction has not been exceeded.

In collecting visors I do not celebrate the individual that wore the hat, or the organisation he belonged to, but the person that made it. Even though the hat in this thread is a Kleiderkasse piece, it has an in-built smartness and practicality--the hallmark of a TR visor. This one also has the benefit of not being ruined by the ravages of time, which increases its appeal."

SS armband with tagYes, I agree with Mr. Mint, as well, though the organization and the wearer bulk as large in my view as the cap maker.
    The other website has some jealous and resentful souls, who use this instrument to declaim how unfair life is.
    We hardly need their garbled input to recognize a fact that bashes us all in the face every minute we employ the magic screen here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast