Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS armband with tag

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Attachment 569019Yes, I agree with Mr. Mint, as well, though the organization and the wearer bulk as large in my view as the cap maker. The other website has some jealo

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 569019Yes, I agree with Mr. Mint, as well, though the organization and the wearer bulk as large in my view as the cap maker.
    The other website has some jealous and resentful souls, who use this instrument to declaim how unfair life is.
    We hardly need their garbled input to recognize a fact that bashes us all in the face every minute we employ the magic screen here.
    Agreed.

Regarding the original theme, a foetid procession of armbands from an era of superior craftsmanship tarnished by the madness of misguided beliefs and the "banality of evil" in an otherwise noble and cultured society.

SS armband with tag

Note: These items do not induce any involuntary or erratic muscle contractions, nor do they drive me to drink or smoke. I have plenty of other sources for that in my professional life, caused, in turn, by those who do partake in these practices but refuse to accept the consequences of their decisions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband with tag
    P
    Many

?

The thought of the little moths enjoying these do give me a bit of a tick.

SS armband with tag

SS armband with tagSS armband with tagSS armband with tagSS armband with tagSS armband with tagSS armband with tagBravo. Well done. Onward to more shakes and ticks, I say.

?

No garbled input here. Just happened upon a couple of comments on what it all means. Having returned from a near death experience,...if you will, a unique observance and perspective in retrospect into what most consider the unknown, I judge no one. But there is no physical possession that will bring you comfort during such an experience, and all worldly things are trivial and inconsequential at the moment you experience the ......? Still not sure what to call it, but it was most certainly there.

No disrespect intended to items posted.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    No garbled input here. Just happened upon a couple of comments on what it all means. Having returned from a near death experience,...if you will, a unique observance and perspective in retrospect into what most consider the unknown, I judge no one. But there is no physical possession that will bring you comfort during such an experience, and all worldly things are trivial and inconsequential at the moment you experience the ......? Still not sure what to call it, but it was most certainly there.

No disrespect intended to items posted.
    I don't think anything was taken as disrespectful. You have a good point, material objects aren't what most think of in their last moments, Charles Foster Kane being the exception. One certainly can't take their worldly possessions into the next world and one should not forsake family or friends for any collection. The collection of these bits of the past should not burden their owners. These items should enrich the desire to learn and put in context the history of our world during this time.

CMH

?

Of interest, author Jude Stewart discussed her new book, Roy G. Biv, on the radio this morning. This is a book which has a theme centered on, of all things, color. During her interview, she made the following comment:

"In 1969 these two linguists, Brent Berlin and Paul Kay, did a survey of 20 different languages that were completely unrelated to each other. And they found that as languages develop differing names for colors, those names always enter the language in the same order. So that order is black, white, red, green and yellow, blue, and then brown. So, if they're going to have only three words for colors, those words will almost always be black, white and red."

Perhaps there is something more primal, at least for me, concerning the gravitation towards the Black Service Tunic. Fitting, since I am a primitive, actually.

SS armband with tag

Regards,

CMH

Bravo. Very fine analysis. Despite the appearance of cultivation, the possession of dubious advanced degrees, the generally vain attempt at manners that collapses into boorishness and swine like behavior, etc. I, too, am a primitive.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    "In 1969 these two linguists, Brent Berlin and Paul Kay, did a survey of 20 different languages that were completely unrelated to each other. And they found that as languages develop differing names for colors, those names always enter the language in the same order. So that order is black, white, red, green and yellow, blue, and then brown. So, if they're going to have only three words for colors, those words will almost always be black, white and red."

Perhaps there is something more primal, at least for me, concerning the gravitation towards the Black Service Tunic. Fitting, since I am a primitive, actually.
    Fascinating, really. Of course, black, white and red would all be colors relating to things figuring largely in any primitive man's mind. Just think about it:

Black: The impenetrable, threatening darkness of the night outside your cave/tent/hut in which anything can hide.
    Red: The color seen in the skies at the beginning and the end of a day; but more than that: The blood of the animal you have hunted down, or of the enemy you have slain, or of a wounded fellow warrior or any injured person. The glow of the embers in the fire keeping you warm. Also, the color of many edible fruits. Hence, a color that stands for triumph, nourishment and life as well as defeat and death.
    White: The polar opposite of black, a powerful symbol for light and purity. Also (at least for non-tropical cultures), the snow covering the land in winter; beautiful, but hostile to life.

(Of course that is just my own amateurish kitchen-sink-psychology theorizing...)

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Despite the appearance of cultivation, the possession of dubious advanced degrees, the generally vain attempt at manners that collapses into boorishness and swine like behavior, etc. I, too, am a primitive.
    Aren't we all? (Or, at least, aren't we all just one natural disaster/societal crisis away from reverting to that state?)

SS armband with tagThanks for the thoughtful analysis above.

A colleague of mine from Vienna has written this work, which is highly informative on this very subject. That is, the psychological and cultural meaning of colors especially as they apply to uniforms.

It is a fine piece of work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3