Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?

Article about: These images appeared elsewhere. I think they are of an Austrian or Sudeten SS unit, but such is a wild guess.

Default SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?

These images appeared elsewhere. I think they are of an Austrian or Sudeten SS unit, but such is a wild guess.

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?These images are similar as to found in this fine work.

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?Here is a big hint.....

- - Updated - -

...the answer is Maehren, i.e. Moravia. The dumbos on the other site do not likely know where that is, of course.

The story of the SS in these pictures is told in the book I enclosed, and it is highly compelling, indeed.

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?Here is a Sudeten uniform, in this case from the Egerland, i.e. in Boehmen...... actually, from Saaz.

SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?Now that I look on the map, I think I drove through here once and had no idea of its role in the III. Reich and the war.....

wie dumm von mir.....

It is north of Znaim, and west of Bruenn, i.e. Brno.

A decade ago, my Slovak wife and I drove from Wien to Stockerau to Znaim to this place and then to Praha and onto Dresden to reach Berlin more or less as the crow flies, and also via roads of ancient origin.
    I think now there is Autobahn the whole way, and we failed to backtrack to Bratislava to make the route through Brno and then to Prague.

In any case, I place great value on seeing this countryside in all its history and beauty.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-17-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Wonderful images! Thank you.

Interesting photos, do you know of any texts in english related to this subject, that are worthwhile? Im currently reading a more broad text about the economy and politics of the TR called modern Germany (1900 onward) . I would like to read more about these areas in specific.
    Thanks

?

Thank you F-B for this thread and also for always keeping the level of exchange on this site higher than silly comments about giant flags.
    I am most grateful for your presence here.
    SS Aufmarsch, Ostmark, Sudetenland, Boehmen Maehren?

Lovely pictures F-B. Thanks for sharing them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast