Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS badges and cap

Article about: My father passed away a month ago, he told me that he was in the German army on the front lines, he left this for me. I would like to know what this is worth and what the different badges me

xfred
    ?

Default SS badges and cap

My father passed away a month ago, he told me that he was in the German army on the front lines, he left this for me. I would like to know what this is worth and what the different badges mean. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS badges and cap   SS badges and cap  

SS badges and cap  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS badges and cap

Quote by xfred View Post
    I would like to know what this is worth
    Why sell it if it was your fathers? I know I wouldn't. It really doesn't matter what they are worth, surely its the sentiment?

xfred
    ?

The ss plastic badge I found in the bag that had the cap in it. I put the pin there so I would not loose it. on the inside flaps i found the fabric badges. I went looking for what the plastic badge was on Google with no luck, here is a larger view of that badge (i do not know which way is up?). I don't want to sell it, i just want to know what all those things where and what it's estimated total value would be, just to know, that's all. wouldn't you want to know how much something is?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS badges and cap  SS badges and cap 

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    agreed john, still if it wert for folks selling, we wouldnt have a thing,,,,,,,,,,, whats the ss pin, do you know?
    I have to say that I am sceptical about the pin, it looks post war to my un trained eye

I certainly am not saying that it is wrong, simply that the only ones like that I have seen, were not real, perhaps some other members can shed some light?

Quote by xfred View Post
    I would like to know what this is worth
    Ok Cap retails about £250-270, Trop eagle approx £90 If there are a matched pair of SS tabs, about £300-350 GWB about £70-90

Prices are approximate retail value, expect less if selling to the trade Just My opinion

xfred
    ?

I just scanned in the back sides of everything...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS badges and cap  

The "SS" pin I stongly suspect is post war. The design is based upon a sports vest insignia used by the "LAH".

The wound badge value would be greatly reduced due to the damaged pin.

Cheers, Ade.

xfred
    ?

I wish i could show you the extremely fine detail of this badge, the scanner is causing reflections and mucking it up, i put a magnifier in front of the scanner so you might be able to see the finer detail. hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS badges and cap 

xfred
    ?

Thank you all for your help, it is greatly appreciated! You have a very nice web site here with very knowledgeable individuals. I will keep the hat in my possession, it does have great sentimental value.

Thanks again!

?

Looks like you have an SS tropical cap eagle in that group. A very rare bird that I would value at around £300 to £400 if original.