Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Badges Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello all, I came across these two badges; a Germanic Proficiency Rune in Silver and a so-called 'Wewelsburg Castle Tinnie'. I am unsure whether the proficiency rune's makers mark is correct

Question SS Badges Real or Fake?

SS Badges Real or Fake?
    SS Badges Real or Fake?
    SS Badges Real or Fake?
    SS Badges Real or Fake?

Hello all,
    I came across these two badges; a Germanic Proficiency Rune in Silver and a so-called 'Wewelsburg Castle Tinnie'.
    I am unsure whether the proficiency rune's makers mark is correct, so if anyone can help me in that department, I would be very grateful.

As well as this, does anyone know if the Wewelsburg Castle tinnie is real or just a fantasy item.

Thank you in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Badges Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

I believe both of these to be in the fantasy file. Almost 100% they are bad. Wait for a second opinion to be sure though.

I have seen posts of these before, are believed to be fantasy item.

John

Thanks for the help. I thought that the Wewelsburg Tinnie was a bit odd myself, but it's always great to have a second, more experienced opinion

The first SS badge, people think that it is some type of a marksmanship badge I believe. Not so, I believe that only lanyards are shooting awards. The second badge I have never seen before, it just looks fake to me.

John

The catch on the 1st badge is post war. I just did a search on badge, if it was real, worth more than the APB you are also showing

The first badge is meant to be a similar badge to the SA-Sportabzeichen, but for non-Germans who were part of the Germanic-SS and Waffen-SS.
    "Germanic Proficiency Runes, this award was issued in two grades (bronze and silver) with similar physical tests as those required for the SA Sports Badge"
    I've done some research on it to check if the one attached was real, but the markings on the back are completely wrong

SS Badges Real or Fake?
    SS Badges Real or Fake?

These Bandit-Warfare badges were also on the same site as the two above, I am doubting their authenticity as well due to the previous two being fake
    If anyone can comment on their authenticity that'd be great

The Wewelsgburg pin has a modern pin back and retainer.
    As far as the Proficiency runes badge, this may help, copied from a thread on WAF.

"For your immediate and basic reference; the badge was NOT constructed in Germany, but believed to have been made by the firm of Kremnitz in the Proctecorate of Bohemia and Moravia. The badge came in two grades ONLY; Bronze and Silver. THERE WAS NO GOLD, NO SPECIAL EDITION WITH ANY MARKINGS denoting a silver content..etc.. To date, there seems to be a concensus the badge had two strikings, in which one offered a smooth reverse and the other, perhaps the second striking, displayed a darkened bubbled appearance (similar to the one displayed by Lumdsen.) Whether both were done by Kremnitz I cannot say. Both strikings had the enamelled runes emplaced upon the major portion of the sonnenrad badge by crimped "stays" (for lack of an immediate and better word)..the runes were not welded or screwed to the sonnenrad portion. ALL AUTHENTIC PIECES HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO/NO MARKINGS UPON THE REVERSE; ANY THAT APPEAR TO DISPLAY WRITING FROM THE MANUFACTURER, AN RZM CODE, ETC..ARE REPROS!"

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)