Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Bandsman Tunic for review...

Article about: Hi all. I'd like some opinions on this Bandsman tunic as there simply isn't much reference material out there related to these (that I can find or have access to anyway). The musician's swal

SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you F-B for these posts and for sharing your knowledge and experience. As you know you are the driving force of this project. It is a sad place in your absence. The photo of the old campaigner with the camera is new to me thanks for including it. Hritz's TV rock and your Casella are two of my favorites. As always I send you my best.

as for the thread starter a cut and paste mentality will get you no where. You must actually invest effort to be rewarded with knowledge. Typos aside, we who have done so are under no obligation to help those who refuse to help themselves.
    Thanks so much for the kind words. The Nuremberg picture is from an album I found with some nice images of SS men in what I think is the Reichsparteitag 1935. Here is another.SS Bandsman Tunic for review... You see a version of the Ehrenwinkel with which I am not familiar, as well as the kepi with the piping.
    The "ADEFA" label on a tunic does not correspond with any authentic item I have ever seen. This ADEFA organization did, in fact, exist, and
    its logo is visible in adverts and such. But I have never seen it in a black tunic, that is, a real black tunic. The "Stammabteilung" item above enclosed
    by colleague JHAM is, I think, like those I saw years ago from the no. German surprise package. All of these tunics were brand new, that is,
    utterly as if made yesterday. The musician item here is not as well made, but there are surely a dozen or more varieties of contemporary black
    tunic made since the 1980s or so, when the production of these went into overdrive. As to knowledge, it is a subject I am tired of writing about.
    In our era, there is a lot of plagiarism and little willingness to buckle down and pursue something with any determination.
    This contemporary regard of knowledge as a disposable commodity of little value is why I am less engaged than in former times.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bandsman Tunic for review...
    P
    Many

SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...Among nice images that recently appeared are these via Jenkins of Eicke ca. 1936/7

http://www.ssbw.co.uk/viewphoto.php?shoph=50336&phqu=10
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-10-2016 at 10:39 PM.

and of arcane interest is this image of an SSTV unit visiting a gas mask factory in the environs north of Berlin.

Are these men wearing the earth brown uniform out of the barracks, which, I thought, was forbidden?SS Bandsman Tunic for review...

All these details.

SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...SS Bandsman Tunic for review...Thanks to Peter Jenkins for finding interesting stuff.

I did not buy the album, but he has a very keen eye.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-10-2016 at 10:43 PM.

CBH
    ?

That is a rare photo of the SS Cape .
    Thank you as always for sharing !

?

Thank you for the images F-B. They are very nice. The Jenkins SS-TV album looks spectacular.

Fantastic posts as always F-B, appreciated!
    "Per Ardua"

Re: Post 23
    The caption identifies these men as being from one of the training companies. As such, and still being in a probationary status, these recruits would not yet have been issued with their black uniforms.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Re: Post 23
    The caption identifies these men as being from one of the training companies. As such, and still being in a probationary status, these recruits would not yet have been issued with their black uniforms.
    Thanks so much for the fruits of your fine research.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3