Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS banner?

Article about: I just saw this at a local shop. Any opinions, please?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I wish I was alive and collecting in the 60's lol
    If you were, you would be old like me! I find it amazing how many collectors today attribute so many fakes to that era. The level of the few fakes that were produced at that time were quite poor quality. There was a lot of material available then but for the time, it was still expensive. The only serious attempt at faking items were the parts daggers and outright fantasy fake daggers brought into the USA by Col. James Atwood.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS banner?
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you were, you would be old like me! I find it amazing how many collectors today attribute so many fakes to that era. The level of the few fakes that were produced at that time were quite poor quality. There was a lot of material available then but for the time, it was still expensive. The only serious attempt at faking items were the parts daggers and outright fantasy fake daggers brought into the USA by Col. James Atwood.
    This would for me any way make an interesting topic on its own hearing the pro & cons of collecting in the 60s & 70s i was not around then but even i am classed as old ,

i was told people were more in to stripping tunics for insignia then restoring , and have all so been told there was no need to fake tunics as there were lots to be had .

i have seen old dealer books were there was a waffen ss tunic for $75 dollars that book was dated 1971 , and a black tunic around the same price ,

as for the flag its fake , i have been offerd twice now a ss trumpet banner and both times did not have $25k

and i was told these were around 7-9 k a few years back so i have lost all hope with that and a lot of things .... Bob your old age is starting to look at the upper advantage to me

and i live at the bottom of the world were the pickings are few and between ,

?

Thanks again, fellas. I had a feeling, but you never know! I've had good luck at times and so I just had to ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2