Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Bekleidungswerke SS WVHA Waffen SS price list, 1942

Article about: I bought it, for which I thank Mr. Stiles.

thank you for explaining this for us F-B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bekleidungswerke  SS WVHA Waffen SS price list, 1942
    P
    Many

?

Mr- Berthold thanks for posting. Very interesting that the "Panzerschutzmütze mit Überzug" is still listed here in 1942. In 1942 most of the SS Panzer troops where equipped with Oversea hats (often left over modified black M-34 caps at this time).

Below some of the garments listed here still available in 2015 but with a Little bit different Prices and a Picture of a famous tank unit somewhere in summer 1942 on the way to the caucasus with left over M-34 oversea caps.

SS Bekleidungswerke  SS WVHA Waffen SS price list, 1942SS Bekleidungswerke  SS WVHA Waffen SS price list, 1942

It's a pity, I should have left more than 7 RM to buy the still missing Panzerschutzmütze.

SS Bekleidungswerke  SS WVHA Waffen SS price list, 1942

Well said.

Also of interest is the fact that the "SS1", "SS2" and "SS3" collar patches are still on offer, even though they had been rendered obsolete by an RFSS order of May 1940.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Also of interest is the fact that the "SS1", "SS2" and "SS3" collar patches are still on offer, even though they had been rendered obsolete by an RFSS order of May 1940.
    As you know, these people did not throw things out when an item of insignia became obsolete. They obviously retained many of these things, as they had been fussing about since 1934.

Likely, the ones that got retained are the ones in today's collections, I wager.

In any case, there are many facts here that do not accord with collector group think.

That is a good thing, to be sure, because the herd mentality poses a poor guide for the intelligent collector.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    As you know, these people did not throw things out when an item of insignia became obsolete. They obviously retained many of these things, as they had been fussing about since 1934.

Likely, the ones that got retained are the ones in today's collections, I wager.
    So if the US only now have decided to sell the over 100.000 WW2 stock of M1911 handguns

>> https://m.warhistoryonline.com/war-a...he-public.html

would the German authorities by now finally please go looking for all these unissued Kragenspiegel , Hoheitsabzeichen & Panzerschutzmützen .. ?!
    Could have a substantial impact on the national budget ..

All joking aside - thank you VERY , VERY much for sharing the info from this priceless document .. !

I happen to own the same type of documents from the Dutch 1940 army ( my main interest , PRIJSLIJST 1940 ) ,
    and therefor I know exactly what precious ( and sometimes hidden & very subtle ! ) information can be distilled from them .
    I will be hoping for more pages .. !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2